Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: kiss35
About
User Name: kiss35
Groups: Beta Testers, Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 43
[0.01% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Sorting with Stochastics
Posted: Saturday, May 20, 2006 10:16:31 AM
Hi guys,

I downloaded this video and the Understanding Stochastics.

This video did not work, the other video did.

Why?
Topic: PCF help
Posted: Sunday, November 20, 2005 11:33:00 AM
How do I find stocks with current stock price near or at 52 week high and if it is at 52 week high, is it 10 points or higher than the 52 week high?
Topic: AAPL is setting up for a pullback.
Posted: Thursday, October 20, 2005 2:08:39 PM
Using TSV 20 Expo. & MA on TSV of 12 Expo. And, TSV 25 Sim. & MA on TSV of 17 Sim. It looks like a negative divergence is setting up.

Do you guy agree?
Topic: Ploting & testing for: Insider trades and Institution trades
Posted: Monday, March 21, 2005 10:31:08 AM
QUOTE (Craig_S)
TeleChart2005 does not track Insider or Institutional trading. It does have two conditions that deal with Insiders and Institutions:

Percent Shares Held by Insiders

and

Percent Shares Held by Institutions.

You can sort or scan by either or both conditions.

I was hopping to plot both like one can in Worden Studio. And then write PCFs todo................
Topic: Ploting & testing for: Insider trades and Institution trades
Posted: Monday, March 21, 2005 9:38:19 AM
How do I do the above in TC2005?
Topic: How do I maximize my use of TC for BASIC Option plays?
Posted: Monday, March 21, 2005 8:58:57 AM
QUOTE (rmr1976)
As someone who trades options, I'd say if you are only looking to buy puts or calls, use TC2005 to search for stocks that look strong/weak technically and/or fundamentally, then buy an in the money option. I would personally buy longer term (ie. 3+ months), as I trade the longer trends. But for a swing trade, you could use a closer contract (ie 2 months or less).

In the money options are more highly correlated with the stock than at the money or out of the money options. You have a better chance of making money if your analysis is correct, and you still have some leverage.

Of course, you should have an option model calculator to tell you if an option is over or underpriced. Even if you plan on buying ITM puts or calls, then a calculator is a must.

I think the Options council produces one that you can get for free, that provides risk graphs and all. Of course, you have to type in the data in order to get any output.

As for setups, I'd check for stocks with the highest/lowest % gain for 3 months, and a nice looking trend (eg. check out BDY for a good downtrend.)

To find that, I search for a Rate of Change of a moving average using a PCF:

(AVGC50 / AVGC50.25 ) * 100

This shows you the direction of the 50 day moving average. Numbers above 105 are bullish, below 95 are bearish, and in between are neutral.

One more question, what other sorts, PCFs or EasyScans do you use?
Topic: How do I maximize my use of TC for BASIC Option plays?
Posted: Saturday, March 19, 2005 3:47:53 PM
I'm a disabled guy that enjoys using TC. I like BASIC option trading. What I want to do is: a) find stock or index plays that has a better than 75% chance of moving up or down one point or more in a week. b) Spend less than a hour doing part a.

I'm willing to upload my chart templates, so you can see what I use (like TSV with MA).

Note, I do know about the EasyScan "Optionable Stocks with Volume Surge." Volatility is nice, but if it is low it is ok.

Is the above possible? If so, how?
Topic: Testing a Linear Regression
Posted: Monday, January 17, 2005 3:59:25 PM
Visual is nice, but I would to put an easyscan together with those test. IE, yesterday versous today.
Posted: Monday, January 17, 2005 2:37:11 PM
That was ok, but I was looking to write a PCF to do the work. Is this doable?
Posted: Monday, January 17, 2005 11:42:33 AM
How do I test price against the upper, middle and lower boundries of a Linear Regression?