Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: gatesofortune
About
User Name: gatesofortune
Groups: Member
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 9
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Williams % R
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2016 5:34:05 AM

QUOTE (Bruce_L)

You could write it as:

STOC10 < 20 AND STOC260 < 20 AND STOC10.1.1 < 20 AND STOC260.1.1 < 20

Or as:

MAX(STOC10,2) < 20 AND MAX(STOC260,2) < 20

While the second form is slightly shorter, I&#39;m not really sure one would be any better than the other.

Thanks for your assistance.

Posted: Saturday, July 23, 2016 1:29:31 PM

QUOTE (Bruce_L)

If you want to check the current bar (which would be the July 3rd daily bar after the market close on July 3rd), then you could write the Condition Formula as follows.

STOC10 - 100 < -80 AND STOC260 - 100 < -80

Which could be shortened somewhat to the following.

STOC10 < 20 AND STOC260 < 20

Thanks Bruce.

So if I were to screen a value within 2 latest bar it would be something like this ?

STOC10 < -80 AND STOC260 < -100 

AND STOC10.1.1 -100<-80 AND STOC260.1.1 -100<-80

Is this correct ? Or is there a better a way to write it ?

Posted: Thursday, July 21, 2016 4:05:21 AM

QUOTE (Bruce_L)

1 bar ago excludes the current bar.

2 bars ago excludes both the current bar and the bar before the current bar.

Assuming "today" is July 3rd then:

STOC10.1.2 - 100 < -80 AND STOC260.1.2 - 100 < -80

Checks for the 10 period and 260 period Williams %R indicators to have both been below -80 on July 1st without taking into account the values of these indicators on any other dates.

I still do not understand what specifically you are checking on both the 1st and 2nd.

Do you want both of the values to be under -80 on both dates?

Do you want both of the values to be under -80 on at least one of the dates?

Do you want something else?

I usually check my custom EASY SCANS after market close.

Hence I want my STOCH code not to disregard the current closed bar. That&#39;s my point.

I hope I make my query a little clearer ?

Posted: Thursday, July 21, 2016 4:02:46 AM

Thanks Bruce for the reply.

Basically I want it to be able check on 3 July (after market close) for instance, that Stoch for both 10 and 260 is below -80 and I want it to be able to include 3 July but not 2nd and 1st July.

If I use my code currently After market close, it can only check for 2nd and 1st July only, am I correct ?

Posted: Tuesday, July 12, 2016 4:48:12 PM

QUOTE (Bruce_L)

So when you say you want to inclde the latest bar and 1 bar ago, what specifically do you mean?

Williams %R is based on the current price or the final closing price if based on a past bar. It may have had a range of values over the course of the last two bars, but it only has one eventual value.

Are you looking for Williams %R to have closed above or below a specific values on either of those two bars or are you looking for something else? If something else, what?

Thanks for the reply.

Below is my PCF script that I created for use:

(STOC10.1.2 - 100)<(-80) AND (STOC260.1.2 -100)<(-80) 

L>L1 AND C>H1

My question is whether , 2 bars ago (for Wliliams%R) meant it will skip / disregard the latest bar ? For example considering daily candle bars as 1st July , 2nd July and 3rd July. Latest daily bar is 3rd July.

When I write my code as above I intent to inlcude 3rd July and 2nd July but NOT 1st July, however the tutorial for Williams % R doesn&#39;t seem to have the code to be able to put it within 2 bars rather than 2 bars ago.

Posted: Tuesday, July 12, 2016 4:45:17 PM

QUOTE (Bruce_L)

So when you say you want to inclde the latest bar and 1 bar ago, what specifically do you mean?

Williams %R is based on the current price or the final closing price if based on a past bar. It may have had a range of values over the course of the last two bars, but it only has one eventual value.

Are you looking for Williams %R to have closed above or below a specific values on either of those two bars or are you looking for something else? If something else, what?

Thanks for the reply.

Below is my PCF script that I created for use:

(STOC10.1.2 - 100)<(-80) AND (STOC260.1.2 -100)<(-80) 

L>L1 AND C>H1

My question is whether , 2 bars ago (for Wliliams%R) meant it will skip / disregard the latest bar ? For example considering daily candle bars as 1st July , 2nd July and 3rd July. Latest daily bar is 3rd July.

When I write my code as above I intent to inlcude 3rd July and 2nd July but NOT 1st July, however the tutorial for Williams % R doesn&#39;t seem to have the code to be able to put it within 2 bars rather than 2 bars ago.

Posted: Sunday, July 10, 2016 1:50:27 PM

I wanna write it such that it is within 2 bars but not 2 bars ago

Posted: Sunday, July 10, 2016 1:47:51 PM

QUOTE (Bruce_L)

For Williams %R in particular.

Williams %R

For Personal Criteria Formulas in general.

Personal Criteria Formulas

Thank  you for the prompt reply.

Referring to the the tutorial:

Bars Ago

Williams %R does not have %K and %D like a stochastic, so the simple moving average parameter of the stochastics indicator syntax will usually be left as 1.

So the 10 period Williams %R of 1 bar ago could be written as follows.

STOC10.1.1 - 100

And the 10 period Williams %R of 5 bars ago could be written as follows.

STOC10.1.5 - 100

Is there a way to write such that i wanna include latest bar and 1 bar ago ?  

Is it like this ?

STOC10.1.2 - 100

As I understand it means 2 bars ago but doesn&#39;t include the latest bar right ?

Posted: Wednesday, July 6, 2016 12:45:19 PM

Hi,

Is there a legend somewhere for writing PCF scripts ?

I wanna write scripts using Williams % R

Thanks in advance.