Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: gabe.aboitiz
About
User Name: gabe.aboitiz
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 7
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: pullback PCF
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2016 3:11:14 PM

Hi Bruce,

So Im still having an issue finding the right formula for identifying stocks that are in a sideways movement. the issue is that I'm not sure whether to use the highs or possibly the close, or the moving averages. I tinkered with the moving averages but it still isnt right.

is there a way to set it so that within the last 2 weeks, excluding the last 3 days the high and lows have to differ by a certain percentage so as to identify that the stock is moving in a specific direction?

i believe the best way to go about this is to use the ranges

Posted: Thursday, February 25, 2016 1:42:58 PM

Thanks Bruce.

One last thing. I'm trying to create a Pcf that will filter out sideways action for the last 6 bars excluding the last 3 bars.

Could i use the moving average to identify stocks in a sideways for the last 6 bars excluding the last 3:

ABS(AVGC6.3-AVGC5.3)<.1 AND ABS(AVGC5.3-4.3)<0.1

and then how coould i use this so that it filters out stocks that meet this criteria?

Posted: Wednesday, February 24, 2016 4:44:03 PM

thanks a ton bruce.

I tried putting it in but it still is not showing stocks that are recently uptrending and then pulling back in context of a larger downtrend.

Im basically trying to filter for stocks that have bottomed from a downtrend, are startign to trend up but are giving a 3 day pullback. When I try and put all that criteria together nothing comes up.

how would I be able to show that average price has been increasing over the last 25 days excluding the most recent 4?

i&#39;m trying AVGC25.4<AVGC15.4 AND AVGC15.4<AVGC10.4 which is showign that the average price of the last 25 days(excluding the last 4) is less than the average price of the last 15 (exluding the last 4) and the average price of the last 15 days (excludign the last 4) is less than the average price of the last 10 days (excluding the last 4)

then id like to include the 3 day pullback afterwards so: H3 > H2 AND H2 > H1 AND L3 > L2 AND L2 > L1

Posted: Wednesday, February 24, 2016 3:55:25 PM

Hi,

was just wondering if I could get some help programming in a pullback into my PCF.

Basically What I have now is that the stock is on a downtrend:

C<AVGC200

It has recently uptrended:

AVGC20<=AVGC15 AND AVGC15<=AVGC10 AND AVGC10<=AVGC6 //avg price movement increasing up until the 6th bar to todays

and I just wanted to program in a basic 3 day pullback so i tried going with:

H.3>H.2 AND H.2>H.1 AND L.3>L.2 AND L.2>L.1

but it just ends up filtering everythign out. Is it my &#39;recently uptrending" criteria that is messing with it?

Is there a better way to show that a stock has been recently uptrending by showing that the average price from 20 periods ago is increasing?

Topic: PCF for Swing Point Highs and Lows
Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2016 3:35:03 PM

HI bruce,

just wanted to ask about using swing high/lows to identify the underlying trend. Ive found that no matter the moving average period i use, whether 50 or 200 i havent been able to tune it so that it recognizes the overlying trend. like if the stock has an overlying uptrend but has recently been dropping quite drastically then it recognizes this as a downtrend. I just need a formula that will identify the overarching main trend.

thanks

Topic: PCF for OPEN
Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2016 2:08:34 PM

Hi Bruce, 

thanks so much. i just ended up using

ABS(C.1-O.1) >= ABS(C.1-O) AND
ABS(C.1-O.1) >= ABS (O.1-O)

I was wondering how one would code in consistently lower swing point highs and conversely consistently higher swing point lows?

Topic: PCF for OPEN
Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2016 12:26:19 PM

Hi Bruce,

I was wonderinf how to combine two if then statements? I wanted to create a PCF where todays open must be between yesterdays open and close regardless if yesterday was green or red. I broke these up into two if then statements where

IF (C.1>O.1) THEN (O<C.1) AND (O>O.1)

and

IF (C.1<O.1) THEN (O>C.1) AND (O<O.1)

How would i be able to combine the two?