Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: hillpc
About
User Name: hillpc
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 13
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Zanger Volume Ratio
Posted: Wednesday, July 1, 2015 1:32:26 AM

Hi,

I trade a strategy quite similar to Dan Zanger. I was thus rather interested to hear esiginal has come out with this add on:

http://www.esignal.com/partners/add-on-formula-studies/chartpattern.aspx?tc=

I just wondering if it is possible to recreate this or something similar in TC2000? I know this is a proprietary product, but any chance of getting to something similar?

thank you very much.

More info can be found here:

http://stocktwits.com/DanZanger/message/38855051

video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSQ1GSCYt3I

Thank you very much! :)

Topic: Instutional Sponsership
Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2015 2:28:51 PM

yea i think this is probably the same thing. Thanks as ever Bruce, Really appreciate the support you and the company gives through this discussion forum.

Topic: Instutional Sponsership
Posted: Tuesday, May 26, 2015 2:03:23 PM

Hi there,

Is there any way of identifying institutional sponsorship on TC2000?

Thanks

Topic: 5 DMA of number of stocks making 6 months highs.
Posted: Thursday, May 14, 2015 1:17:54 PM

Ok. What about the number of stocks making a 6 month high in the last 5 days?

thanks for the help. much appreciated

Topic: 5 DMA of number of stocks making 6 months highs.
Posted: Wednesday, May 13, 2015 2:26:01 PM

Hi there,

is it possible to make a scan to find out the 5DMA of number of stocks making 6 months highs? 

thanks

Topic: TTM Squeeze -- Conditional Statement modification Bruce
Posted: Monday, April 13, 2015 11:20:46 AM

i plotted this before the weekend and it all looked great. Now the dots have disappeared and i can get them back. even if i re do the whole process. Very strange,

Topic: Mark Boucher Hedge fund edge concept TBBLBG
Posted: Thursday, April 9, 2015 10:15:56 AM

ok thanks Bruce. Really appreciate the help...really still trying to get to grips with everything!

PH

Posted: Wednesday, April 8, 2015 3:50:18 PM

Sorry,my explanation was probably a little off.

Just to clarify. I have made 3 different Custom PCF % True Indicators  one for each of the 3 components. 

If i do what you are suggesting then i will screen for each component occuring 5 times within 21 days.At the momment I think the scan is returning a minimum of 15 occurances because each of the 3 components must be found to happen at least 5 times.

What i am looking for is a minimum of 5 occurances of any of the 3 compnents within 21 days. this could be any combination of the 3 components.

Do you see the difference i am getting at?

This is quite a subtle difference and i appologise if it is badly explained or If i am interpreting what you are saying wrongly, im still a bit of a noob.

PH 

Posted: Tuesday, April 7, 2015 1:30:10 AM

So I think i managed to get the screen working. The only thing I notice is that scan is not able to identify 5 occurances happening within the last 21 days.

for example, a 'thrust' and a 'gap' can and often do occur on the same day. Therefore stocks that have one gap up from resistence and one lapup in a 20 day period will appear on the scan. What i am struggling with is how to tweak the scan so that identifies stocks that have had a minimum of 5 occurances of these 3 types events within a 20 day period. Im sure this must be possible, no?

thanks

PH

Posted: Monday, April 6, 2015 7:01:31 PM

oh ok perfect Bruce. Thanks very much for this its very much appreciated. This is so advanced i wouldnt have stood a chance without your help. thanks

PH