Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: dmcca_umd
About
User Name: dmcca_umd
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 6
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: My column combining conditions works inconsistently
Posted: Thursday, May 17, 2018 5:19:12 PM

I figured it out.  my bad. I forgot that the combined contition had to be true for 10 bars in a row.  When I applied that stipulation to the conditions, the columns all synced up nicely.  Thanks  for your response Bruce!

Topic: My column combining conditions works inconsistently
Posted: Thursday, May 17, 2018 4:04:55 PM

I have made a column that combines 2 conditions. Often both conditions resolve to true but the new column does not. Any insights?

The two conditions are:
"avgc10>avgc30 AND c>avgc10" on a weekly timeframe is true 
"c>1.9*minl250" on a daily timeframe is true
Topic: Scanning for null values
Posted: Monday, October 31, 2016 1:33:36 PM

Is there a way to scan scan for null values? In other words, is there a way to evaluate in TC2000 whether an expression can be evaluated for a particular stock?  I realize I am asking "Is there a way to scan for something that is unscannable?"

For instance if I wanted a scan condition that included the weekly price from 200 weeks ago (c200[weekly]) the results would not include any companies less than 4 yeas old.  However, one might be interested in a watchlist of just those young companies.  I realize I could put c200-weekly into a column in a watchlist and just look for the companies that show a blank but I would like to scan for that condition, the condition that renders a blank in that column.  Something like (c200>0)=false or ABS((c200>0))=0

Apologies if this has already been asked and answered

Topic: Why is the same formula calculated with a different result when placed on a chart than when it is ca
Posted: Tuesday, August 11, 2015 3:46:12 PM

No, that is not correct.

After experimentation I see that on a weekly chart C1,C2, C3 . . . etc are all based on Friday closes. 

Is there any way to plot a line on a weekly chart when the line is based on daily closes??

Topic: Why is the same formula calculated with a different result when placed on a chart than when it is ca
Posted: Monday, August 10, 2015 9:29:31 AM

Ah, I get it. 

Even though I saved the PCF using the daily time frame. When it is plotted on a chart it uses the chart's time frame rather than the saved time frame. 

To write  a 10 week SMA PCF for a weekly chart that goes from the current day rather than Sunday to Sunday I need to write. ((c + c1 + c2 + c3 + c4 + c5 + c6 + c7 + c8 + c9)/10). Correct?

Posted: Friday, August 7, 2015 5:59:51 PM

Tried to recreate the old way to calulate 10wk SMA (c1 + c5 +c10 + . . .  )/10 and plot the PCF on the chart but the formula calculates the plot line differently for the chart than it does when the PCF tests in the creation phase and also when it is added as a column.  Is this a bug??

Attempting to post screenshots.

Here are links to the screenshots if they do not show up in the post:
http://www.cesar.umd.edu/h348m/Videos/DMCCA/ScreenshotEditFormulaOnChart.jpg
http://www.cesar.umd.edu/h348m/Videos/DMCCA/ScreenshotEditPCF.jpg