Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: rick54
About
User Name: rick54
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 33
[0.01% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Stochastic Crossover Formula
Posted: Tuesday, April 28, 2015 6:22:03 PM

Thank you very much StockGuy!

Posted: Tuesday, April 28, 2015 4:05:48 PM

Hello,

I'm working with a 12,5,5 stochastic, and would like to ask if you could provide me with a formula that tells me when the K crosses the D on a daily chart?

Thank you

Posted: Monday, April 27, 2015 4:14:33 PM

I did do a search, and the closest that came up to what I wanted was the request by Cyborg Trader. Bruce did give a formula, but it wasn't designed to work on V12.4. 

I noticed that a lot of the requests were tied in with the 80 level as well as the 20 level. I'm not looking for that, as I have other scans that can tell me when the stochlastic is down low or up high. I just want a formula for a 12,5,5 that tells me when the K crosses the D, then I'll go in and look at the chart.

Thank you for your suggestion though bcochrane. I'm sure Bruce will chime in when he gets a chance, he's never failed to help yet!

Posted: Monday, April 27, 2015 11:49:50 AM

Hello Bruce,

I'd like to incorporate a formula into an Easy Scan which tells me when the 12%K5 crosses over the %D5. This would then allow me to monitor a crossover when it's in the upper 80 range,  and also down in the  lower 20 range, depending on if I'm looking for an over sold or bought condition crossover.

Also, I was wondering if there is a place you could lead me to that might contain all the various formula's you've written for folks that I could peruse?  Maybe with a short description as to what the formula is to accomplish? That way I wouldn't be asking for  you to duplicate your efforts, without first trying to come up with a formula on my own.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Rick

Topic: Establishing Support/Resistance Levels
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2015 12:52:37 PM

Thank you bcochrane for the input. That is an interesting twist.

Topic: Establishing Support/Resistance Levels
Posted: Monday, April 20, 2015 8:16:14 PM

When a stock is decending in value, I try to incorporate a Stoch. and RSI indicator plot to establish an oversold condition, as well as visually scan past chart history to try and establish a strong support level that coinsides close with the oversold condition my indicators tell me. My question would then be which takes more importance, the number of common highs in the history, or the number of common closes? 

Then for resistance, I'd look for the opposite, being the overbought in the indicators, and common lows or opens. Which is more important, the opens and closes, or the lows and highs?

Of course, this leads to my next question, depending on the outcome in the above question. Depending on where a stock is trading and direction of movement at the moment, is there an indicator or condition formula that looks back at history and defines the strongest and closest support or resistance level? Then just to make things more complicated, I suppose the days volumn plays on the strength of the level.  I currently try to plot a horizontal line over common history points to find a support / resistance level. It sure would be nice if there was a formula that would take into consideration all the points in the history and come up with the strongest level, second level, etc. My apology, if my question is too elementary, I'm still in that steep learning curve!

Topic: Volume Formula
Posted: Friday, April 17, 2015 2:11:03 PM

Hello Bruce,

How would one write a formula that states todays volume is 25% greater at the close than yesterday's closing volume? Would it be V>1.25*V1

Thank you in advance for your consideration Bruce.

Topic: Notes & News, TC2000 User Notes
Posted: Sunday, April 5, 2015 9:02:01 PM

Does one need the Platinum license in order to see TC2000 User Notes for any particular symbol?

Topic: Watch List Heading
Posted: Friday, April 3, 2015 5:22:29 PM

I pulled up a watch list and highlighted a symbol. I then proceeded under Library, Indicator, Formula. I entered and plotted my personal formula as an indicator. 

I then decided to add the indicator as a column in the watch list. In adding the indicator to the watch list, I see that the heading is actually the complete formula in very fine print as the heading. 

My question is how do I change that formula heading of the new column in the watch list to a shorter description? When I right click on the heading and select Edit Columns, it doesn't allow me to change the heading in a Column Editor. The box just includes a long line of code as the title and only allows me to delete the column or move it up or down.

Topic: B12 Trader
Posted: Friday, April 3, 2015 5:11:55 PM

I ran across this trading system that is suppose to work in conjunction with TC2000, but my searches have resulted zero reviews on the working software. Does anyone know anything about the B12 Trading system that could give a review?