Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: DarrylD
About
User Name: DarrylD
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 29
[0.01% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Incorrect or lagging market feeds
Posted: Friday, September 16, 2016 3:34:43 PM

I know the feeds into the program are delayed, but it seems that they are delayed too long or just incorrect. I noticed this issue last week when I was reviewing my watch list and then compared it the Real Time on Yahoo finance.

The SPY on my screen currently shows the market negative .96% and has floated in this area for the past 30 minutes or more. The Yahoo site shows the SPY down .46% around this time frame. Of course its moved up a little since.

What am I missing? I have been using the software for some time and I dont recall ever having this issue.

Thanks  

Topic: Is there an Index list
Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2016 1:48:38 PM

Thanks

Topic: Is there an Index list
Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2016 12:42:06 PM

Can I pull an index list in the system?  I can find the DJ-20, DJ-30 and SPX, but I can't locate the EAFE.

I am looking to create the EAFE as an example chart, but I can't find the ticker to pull the actual index. I can't use an ETF of fund for this. Does anyone know the ticker to pull this index?

Topic: EAFE Ticker question
Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2016 12:40:32 PM

I am looking to create the EAFE as an example chart, but I can't find the ticker to pull the actual index. I can't use an ETF of fund for this. Does anyone know the ticker to pull this index?

Topic: TSV and Rate of Change line flip as I narrow the date range
Posted: Monday, March 23, 2015 4:21:56 PM

on the stock position. The TSV line and the Rate of Change literally flip from top to bottom when I am scrolling in or out of a stock.

This occurs with all of the positions I review. I am reviewing ARCP. The Rate of change is above the TSV when I am looking at a date range of 11/14 to the present date, but it drops below the TSV line when I scroll in to a date range of late Dec/14 to the present.

Am I supposed to use a specific date range to make sure I am reading this correctly? 

Thanks

Topic: Relative Strength
Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2014 2:43:32 PM

One last question related to the RS. I have aprogram currently, that I pay a lot for, that ranks the broad asset classes against one another. So, it uses Domestic, International, Fixed Income, Commodities and Currencies.  I am not interested in using commodities in this discussion, so we can exclude them. Is there a way measure the relative strength and the ROC% so that I could determine which broad asset area is strongest and which one would come in 2nd, 3rd, etc?

Let's say I used the SPY as my base. If I measure EFA, EEM, a bond index, cash or any other representative against the SPY, then I can get a measure for that broad class against domestic large equities.  We'll give it a pass or fail for the ROC% above the ZERO line. We can do the same thing for the other broad aeas by changing the RS base (ie, SPY to EEM and then comparing RS of the listed areas against the EEM).

Would I basically change the base of the RS indicator and then count how many broad classes pass or fail for each base? Here is an example. I could use SPY against the EEM. SPY will pass as a stronger RS and be above my stated ROC% ZERO line. The same would occur if I compared SPY against the other stated asset classes. So, domestic equity (SPY) would pass with a 4 (four) since it is stronger than the other areas. I would then do the same thing with the next asset class.

Does this sound correct or am I missing something in the thought process? If this is correct, then I can easily measure the RS and categorize the appropriate areas for allocation overweight.

Posted: Monday, June 16, 2014 4:43:43 PM

This was what I was trying to ask. Thanks

ROC % indicator applied to that RS indicator will be above zero when SPY is outperforming EEM over the period of the ROC % indicator and will be below zero when SPY is underperforming EEM over the period of the ROC % indicator.

Posted: Monday, June 16, 2014 4:27:08 PM

So then, would the "crossing" of the ROC % line and the RS line be the "indication" of when to make a rotation? 

Posted: Monday, June 16, 2014 3:29:45 PM

RS measures the strngth between two listed items (ie, SPY vrs EEM). Let's say I want to rotate between the SPY and the EEM based upon RS. Is there any way to have the RS indicator set up so that I can make a determination when to perform this rotation?

Topic: relative strangth performance questions
Posted: Friday, June 6, 2014 4:59:05 PM

OK. thats good to know. thanks