Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: Scats
About
User Name: Scats
Groups: Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 18
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Chart Patterns
Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2014 6:33:28 PM

The code for chart patterns is in a bunch of places - some from 2005. I was wondering if you could point me to the latest PCF code for chart patterns like double/triple tops and bottoms. Also is there something for a trend line/channel detection ?

Thanks

Muneeb

Topic: Heiken Ashi
Posted: Thursday, September 5, 2013 10:19:35 AM

Hello,

I would like to create a PCF for heiken ashi color, based on open/close. Also, I would like to use the last closed candle, not the current candle. 

TC2000 allows you to view heiken ashi candles, based on open/close, under a charts price history. The pcf formula needs to match the heiken ashi candles displayed on the platform.

Thanks

Topic: Last closed candle indicators
Posted: Monday, August 26, 2013 4:39:10 PM

Thanks - will check tomorrow if the scan changes value again within the hour - I guess will turn the streaming scan off and manually run the scan throughout the hour.

Posted: Monday, August 26, 2013 4:07:11 PM

Thanks Bruce - going to give it another shot. I do not have formulas in the layout;. Basically I created them all as conditions and then added the conditions in an Easyscan. 

One little change if you could help please. For the Heiken Ashi check, could you modify it to remove the cross over and just base it on that for going long the previous closed candle has to be green and for going short the previous closed candle has to be red. (Om open versus close basis).

Thanks

Topic: Older post
Posted: Monday, August 26, 2013 3:23:23 PM

Hello Bruce

Not sure if you monitor older posts - I have an issue with the closed candle code that you wrote for me - so I posted a question there. Just wanted to make sure you get my question.

http://forums.worden.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=59921

Thanks

Muneeb

Posted: Monday, August 26, 2013 2:51:26 PM

One issue - If everythingis referencing to the last closed candle, I am not sure why the scan results are changing within the hour ? I use all of the above three conditions together in my scan.
Thanks

Posted: Thursday, August 22, 2013 4:11:20 PM

Thanks a lot - you are fantastic.

Posted: Thursday, August 22, 2013 2:48:43 PM

Thanks Bruce - here are the answers to your questions:

The candles in the Ichimoku cloud are regular candles (not Heiken Ashi).

The candle needs to close above the cloud for a long alert and close below for a short alert.

The color based setting of Heiken-Ashi candles is Open vs Close

The RSI period is 14

The RSI indicator is Wilder's smoothed.

Thanks again

Posted: Wednesday, August 21, 2013 7:32:04 PM
Hello Bruce,
I have a need for the following indicators based on Last closed candle (not on the current candle).
  1. What is the formula for Ichimoku Cloud cross-over (long and short)? For example (long) - the last closed hourly candle has pierced out of the cloud whereas the preceding candle was in the cloud. Same thing for short where the last closed hourly candle has pierced out of the cloud whereas the preceding candle was in the cloud.
  2. What is the formula for heikin ashi cross-over (long and short)? For example (long), the last closed candle was green, and the preceding candle was red.
  3. what is the formula for RSI 60/40? For example (long) - the value of the last closed candle was >= 60 (This is not a cross over - just a plain reading for the last closed candle to be >=60 for long and <=40 for short.

Thanks

Topic: Do you live in Toronto?
Posted: Saturday, May 18, 2013 12:34:39 PM

I am in Ajax.