Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: msv43
About
User Name: msv43
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 6
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Low priced, flat bottom, with recent up trend
Posted: Wednesday, March 1, 2017 9:43:14 AM

These scans provide plenty to work with, and tweak, if desired. It's true there aren't a lot of hits with a scan like this.

It's been quite an education; thanks Bruce and 885MRZILLA. We'll put these formulas to work.

Posted: Monday, February 27, 2017 4:58:17 PM

Yes, IPI is the example symbol.  The downtrend portion is April 2015 to April 2016.  Flat bottom portion April 2016 to December 2016. Up-trend December 2016 'til present. 

I apologize if we haven't described the time frame(s) correctly.  We are certainly newbies as far as custom scans.

Posted: Monday, February 27, 2017 1:57:08 PM

Hi Bruce-

Here's what we have come up with.  The scan would ideally consist of a multi-month down trend, followed by a six month flat base.  (the definition of "flat" would be a five percent price range.)  The breakout parameters can remain as is.

If it would be useful to look at a chart for clarification, a daily chart for IPI just about sums it up.

thanks,

Mike

Posted: Friday, February 24, 2017 1:40:57 AM

Thanks Bruce - I'm going to confer with a friend of mine (also a gold member) and work a little more on this.  I hope it's OK to get back to you early next week.

Mike

Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2017 1:11:04 PM

I am having a difficult time trying to write a scan that will search for low priced ( one to ten dollar) stocks that have been relatively flat for six to nine months and have recently started moving up. 

The breakout, or upward movement, ideally would be at least 10% on the dollar stocks tapering down to 5% on the ten dollar stocks.  That would be a nice option but a 5 bar upward trend would be fine.

Topic: indicator "tabs" in chart window
Posted: Wednesday, February 8, 2017 10:32:07 AM

While watching the version 17 webinar I noticed what appeared to be lightly shaded tabs on the left side of the chart window.  When clicked on, they opened an indicator window.

I can't seem to figure out how to do that.  Looks like a really convenient feature.

Were they connected with the watchlist or watchlist columns somehow?

thanks!