Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: oritzbaba
About
User Name: oritzbaba
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 21
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: RSI CONDITION
Posted: Thursday, May 16, 2013 12:01:29 PM

Thank you so much, you are very much appreciated.

Posted: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 7:40:12 PM

Please use 40 period for DPO and 50 period for CCI.

thanks.

Posted: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 7:37:43 PM

QUOTE (Bruce_L)

If you mean a plain RSI without Wilder's Smoothing, then the Up Scan Condition would be:

RSI14 > RSI14.3.1

And the Down Scan Condition would be:

RSI14 < RSI14.3.1

But similar formulas for the Wilder&#39;s Smoothed version of RSI are too long and slow to be practical or post in the forums.

Thanks so much Bruce, you have been such a big help towards my successful trading. But I am a bit confused though with the very long CCI Formula. Anyway what I wanted was for similar formula like the quote above. 

For DPO: Current DPO value greater than the average value of the last 3 bars DPO values for Up scan. And current DPO value lesser than the average value of the last 3 bars DPO values for Down scan.

For CCI: Current CCI value greater than the average value of the last 3 bars CCI values for Up scan. And current CCI value lesser than the average value of the last 3 bars CCI values for Down scan.

Many thanks.

Posted: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 12:31:14 PM

My apologies for omitting the requirement; the DPO is 40 period and the CCI is 50 period for both up and down scan conditions. I also realise that the condition &#39;&#39;passing 1 of 3 bars&#39;&#39; is not what I need for my strategy.

Please I will like you to help me create a condition within the previous 4 bars from the current bar with these complimentary conditions. 

For RSI14 scan up condition let any one of these conditions be true in the previous 4 candle bars;

The 4th bar RSI14 value be greater than 3rd bar RSI14 value OR

The 3rd bar RSI14 value be greater than 2nd bar RSI14 value OR

The 2nd bar RSI14 value be greater than 1st previous bar RSI14 value.

For RSI14 scan down condition;

The 4th bar RSI14 value be lesser than 3rd bar RSI14 value OR

The 3rd bar RSI14 value be lesser than 2nd bar RSI14 value OR

The 2nd bar RSI14 value be lesser than 1st previous bar RSI14 value.

Thanks in advance.

Posted: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 12:54:02 PM

QUOTE (Bruce_L)

If you mean a plain RSI without Wilder&#39;s Smoothing, then the Up Scan Condition would be:

RSI14 > RSI14.3.1

And the Down Scan Condition would be:

RSI14 < RSI14.3.1

But similar formulas for the Wilder&#39;s Smoothed version of RSI are too long and slow to be practical or post in the forums.

The RSI Average scan above works well but it generates too much stocks. Please help with restricting it to &#39;&#39;Passing 1 of 3 bars&#39;&#39;.

PLEASE I will also like you to help with creating a similar down and up scan like the one above for Detrended Price Oscillator and Commodity Channel Index along with the Passing 1 of 3 bars condition.

Many thanks in advance for all of my request.

Posted: Saturday, May 11, 2013 4:54:18 AM

I wanted the plain RSI, many thanks.

Posted: Thursday, May 9, 2013 6:49:01 PM

Please help with a current RSI that is greater than the average of the last 3 RSI bars. And a current RSI that is less than the average of the last 3 RSI. I tried to create the formula below but it looks like something is missing.

RSI > (rsi14.1 + rsi14.2 + rsi14.3)/3 for up scan condition

RSI < (rsi14.1 + rsi14.2 + rsi14.3)/3 for down scan condition

Is there a shorter way I could have written this condition?

Many thanks in advance.
Topic: Detrend Price Oscillator.
Posted: Wednesday, May 8, 2013 12:12:50 PM

You are a great help. It seems you went back to correct the formulas on your post.

Many thanks Bruce.

Posted: Tuesday, May 7, 2013 11:39:14 AM

QUOTE (oritzbaba)

A Condition Formula for a 100-Period CCI crossing up through zero:

H + L + C > AVGH100 - AVGL100 - AVGC100 AND H1 + L1 + C1 <= AVGH100.1 - AVGL100.1 - AVGC100.1

I tested the formula above and it showed a value = false. And, when I also tried it as a scan condition it did not generate any signal. I used the normal CCI in the tc2000 and it generated 6 stocks of 100-Period CCI crossing up through zero. 

Please help check for correction.

Thanks.

Same error for CCI crossing down. Please help amend.

Many thanks.

Posted: Tuesday, May 7, 2013 11:23:26 AM

A Condition Formula for a 100-Period CCI crossing up through zero:

H + L + C > AVGH100 - AVGL100 - AVGC100 AND H1 + L1 + C1 <= AVGH100.1 - AVGL100.1 - AVGC100.1

I tested the formula above and it showed a value = false. And, when I also tried it as a scan condition it did not generate any signal. I used the normal CCI in the tc2000 and it generated 6 stocks of 100-Period CCI crossing up through zero. 

Please help check for correction.

Thanks.