Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: Kermitp
About
User Name: Kermitp
Groups: Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 364
[0.12% of all post / 0.05 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Create a condition where Arron up is crossing above Aroon down
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2015 10:09:35 AM

Thanks for the response. That's exactly what I did and it did not seem to identify the event correctly, for example today on the Russell 100 watchlist i got 3 hits, GRPN, PANW and AMH.

But, then I realized I did not have the chart timeframe showing today's pricing. Wjen I repositioned the chart it was indeed working correctly.

Appreciate your help. Thanks

Posted: Monday, September 14, 2015 7:00:09 PM

QUOTE (Kermitp)

While I been away so long I forgot how to create a condition. I need to create a condition where the Aroon up is crossing up above the Aroon down value.

I , also, want to create a condition where the Aroon down is crossing up above the Aroon up value.

Tried several attempts and was not even close.

Thanks,  Kermit

Sorry forgot, I want a 25 time period.

Posted: Monday, September 14, 2015 6:52:42 PM

While I been away so long I forgot how to create a condition. I need to create a condition where the Aroon up is crossing up above the Aroon down value.

I , also, want to create a condition where the Aroon down is crossing up above the Aroon up value.

Tried several attempts and was not even close.

Thanks,  Kermit

Topic: create scan condition in 12.4
Posted: Wednesday, December 11, 2013 3:45:36 PM

I have viewed the videos and while they are really good they have not answered my question.

In the new 12.4 one can now plot as indicators most of the fundamentals. So I have plotted the dividend yield as an indicator. I , then, created at 8% line (8/100 * 100) scaled with the dividend yield.

I'm trying to test for stock where the dividend yield stays above 8% for 250 bars

Now I want to create a scan condition that test for the dividend yield being above the 8% line for the last 250 bars.

Is this possible? I did this in stockfinder but had to write my own code.

Topic: Emailing and printing watch lists.
Posted: Friday, October 4, 2013 12:06:19 PM

It appears I cannot send an email to anyone other than another TC2000 user. I tried to send to my actual email address and it say no email found. If it is really email we should be able to send to real email addresses. Otherwise, it is pretty useless for me. Not all my users are on TC2000 but I am working hard to convince them of its value. Hard to do when I can't send a simple chart to them. What I really want is to be able to send items to my email address so they can be included in my newsletters. It would be a whole lot better than cut/paste.

Topic: Latest version of Stockfinder 5
Posted: Monday, July 2, 2012 9:48:13 AM

Bruce, thanks for the link.

It still requires the key fins1

Its the same version I already had installed on my desktop. 5.1.18

Thanks again,

Kermit

Topic: Latest version of Stockfinder 5
Posted: Sunday, July 1, 2012 1:37:41 PM

What is the latest version of Stockfinder and where can I find the download?

Its been awhile since I used Stockfinder so I wanted to update my version to the latest.

I looked online and I can only find 5.0 and I know the latest is 5.1.XX?

On my Vista 64-bit system I have 5.1.18

I want ot install on my new laptop and I do not have a copy of 5.1.xx

Thanks,

Kermitp  

Topic: Notes from Julia Ormond's training class of 11/19/2011
Posted: Friday, December 2, 2011 9:24:58 AM

The email that was sent out is confusing. But there is a link at the bottom to get the class notes. 

The Join button in the email has you signin and then directs you to the worden.com website. Fom there you have to guess where she wanted you to go. Try the lower right part of the page for a link to her download.

Topic: Using dates in PCFs - How do I find the max high and min low during the month of February 2010.
Posted: Monday, March 14, 2011 3:05:32 PM
Thanks, Bruce

my problem is I really want to do it for all 12 months for the last 12 years. 

I just used February as an example. 

Guess I'll goes to StockFinder and just use a monthly calendar. I think that will work. SF5 is true weekly and monthly isn't it? 

Kermitp
Topic: Using dates in PCFs - How do I find the max high and min low during the month of February 2010.
Posted: Monday, March 14, 2011 12:58:20 PM
I must be getting dumber in my old age. I use to know how to do these things. 

I want to find the max high and min low during the month of February 2010.