Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: filme_bune
About
User Name: filme_bune
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 28
[0.01% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: The basic of trading - how to find the regular stock ?
Posted: Tuesday, March 25, 2014 2:19:32 PM

@pthgreat     I'm using the code you created ,  I found some stocks , but it give me like 200 results each time I run it ,    And most of them  is already too late to get in , as the lines are like 3 months ago . Maybe the code is stuck on december  ?    

Any idea how to make it more accurate ?   is doing its job , as the support , the yellow line is unifying the 2 pivots ,   but should find the stocks at the 3rd pivot ,      if is possible ,   2 pivots is still good , The top line is somehow giving me stocks with few tops . but I have to find them in the 200 stocks the software find ,  so , I'm sure is a possibility to make it more accurate :)

Maybe you have more time than me . I didnt figure put yet how to wirte the code or even how to change it :D

Posted: Wednesday, February 19, 2014 8:28:58 PM

Got it . Thank you .   I'll try to make the top line to be horizontal . I appreciate your help :)

Posted: Wednesday, February 19, 2014 6:36:45 PM

@pthegreat    Please can you give me the code with which you were able to find TRI , MHK  and cost  ?

The one with the horizontal line . is ok if is not really horizontal , I'll see how I can adjust it ,   but I need a startup point , 

Thanks

Topic: Realcode to automate trend line drawing through high/low
Posted: Wednesday, February 19, 2014 5:07:30 PM

Is easier to just draw miself the line .  so much trouble for a line that doesnt do anything . 
it should be a way to find stocks with a line that unite 3 lows , 

Posted: Wednesday, February 19, 2014 4:37:26 PM

I have it now without errors , I just click on the code window and errors disapeared .
I save it , I press ok and all I have is a line almost vertical , in the indicators window .  I dunno what's good  for ?

Is any chance to have this line in the price window ?  like to have a code like this that I can put it in the 
My Condition code editor to find me stocks that have a trend line under their lows ?

Posted: Wednesday, February 19, 2014 4:01:53 PM

I go to Real code indicator , to class tab , I delete evrything under the inherits line , and I paste your code under the inherits line ( not touching the inherits line )

and it give errors . 

What I do wrong ?

I'm trying to make this stockfinder usefull , but to create such a code , is beyound my knowledge ,

Posted: Wednesday, February 19, 2014 3:47:06 PM

I'm copying the code you post on  February 20, 2013 10:57:41 

from sub new to End Class at the end .

and I paste it in stock finder 

Posted: Wednesday, February 19, 2014 3:23:18 PM

I put this code in stock finder and give errors .

Any way to have a code without errors ?

Topic: The Basic of Trading
Posted: Wednesday, February 19, 2014 3:01:53 PM

I need a code to find me the stocks in the formations below :  at the point where the green circle is . 
The 3rd one is about the volume , I'll like to find stocks that have a new high on volume . 

Can someone help me with those ?

Thanks

Posted: Monday, November 11, 2013 11:31:01 AM

@jas0501 , please read the entire thread .     I never said that programming is easy or it doesnt take effort and knowledge , I just said  gthat is sad to see so many softwares , so complex , but none of them with the basic of trading .   I see you like indicators , most of the softwares and search criterias are made for indicators .   Indicators are made to tell people when to buy and sell ,  when to catch the bottom or the top , Those are not accurate . Indicators are made for beginners ,  people who trade for a while dont really need indicators , the market is made by price , and indicators are made by some formulas to show for a beginner eye , how the market is moving .   Hers's some strategies base on cci  , couse I see you like to use it . CCI on 20 days , is working fine on Aapl .  http://stockcharts.com/school/doku.php?id=chart_school:trading_strategies:cci_correction

Please read the entire thread and maybe you can help a little bit as I see you have more knowledge on using stockfinder .

Thank you