Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: mconnolly69
About
User Name: mconnolly69
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 6
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Things to check if your moving averages don't "seem right" or "seem to match"
Posted: Thursday, December 22, 2011 2:24:34 PM
Thank you. There is a lot to be aware of. Thanks again.
Topic: Things to check if your moving averages don't "seem right" or "seem to match"
Posted: Thursday, December 22, 2011 2:23:46 PM
QUOTE (Craig_S)
There are times when your moving averages don't seem to match other charting services, match your scan/PCF results or just "don't look right".

Here is a list of things to check.

1) Are you on a daily chart?

Click the EDIT button on your chart to bring up the template settings.

Also check the following:

2) Are your averages the type required. For example, are they simple but the other charting service uses exponential? Are they exponential but your PCF/EasyScan is looking for simple averages?

3) Are all of the averages of price OR are they averages of something else (like another average)?
Look at the averages under price. They SHOULD be indented under price. They should be indented BUT flush left with each other (all of the averages should be indented the same distance under price, one should not be indented more than the other).

If they are not equally indented, delete all the averages indented more than the first average under price (use the trash can icon). Add the averages you deleted again but BE SURE to hit the PLUS icon next to PRICES each time so that each average added will be of price. If you do it correctly you should have all of your averages indented equally under price and flush-left with each other.

Topic: MA doesn't match with different template?
Posted: Thursday, December 22, 2011 1:39:39 PM
Hello, I am a bit confused. I am looking at the same stock using several different chart templates. I have charted the 20 day, 50 day and 200 day SIMPLE moving average on different templates with some other indicators on each template. When I switch back and forth between the templates the reading on the 50 day moving average is not the same as on other templates? I have made sure it is the same day, same stock, same time frame, same simple moving average but they are not matching? What am I doing wrong? This is very confusing and frustrating. Please help! I am using Telechart 2007.Thank you,
Topic: MA doesn't match with different template?
Posted: Thursday, December 22, 2011 1:38:13 PM
Hello, I am a bit confused. I am looking at the same stock using several different chart templates. I have charted the 20 day, 50 day and 200 day SIMPLE moving average on different templates with some other indicators on each template. When I switch back and forth between the templates the reading on the 50 day moving average is not the same as on other templates? I have made sure it is the same day, same stock, same time frame, same simple moving average but they are not matching? What am I doing wrong? This is very confusing and frustrating. Please help!Thank you,
Topic: PCF
Posted: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 9:16:57 AM
Thanks Bruce,This code is for Telechart 2007. The first criteria I need to screen with the second criteria. How do I set that up?
Topic: PCF
Posted: Tuesday, September 13, 2011 8:43:23 PM
Hello, I need to set up a pcf with the following criteria. Can you please provide me with the code? My first screen is for high volume stocks. Criteria is 1. Price range $10 - $200. 2. Avg. Volume past 50 days is > 1 million shares.I then need to screen these stocks with this criteria. 1. Longer term moving average = to 35 bars and up. 2. Exponential Moving Avg.= 7 bars and last bar > 3 bars before last bar. 3. Low of last bar = low of 2 bars before last bar.Thank you. My e-mail is (email removed by moderator)