Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: defense
About
User Name: defense
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 33
[0.01% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Donchian channels Q
Posted: Wednesday, July 25, 2018 1:26:05 PM

I am thinking 'C' here would have to be replaced by the formula for the RS line between the stock and spx. I am not sure this can be done.

Similarly, C would have to be replaced by the OBV formula. Perhaps this can be done. Can you give me the OBV formula I can use instead of 'C' in the dot plots?

I created cumulative accumulation distribution plot using the instructions posted on another response (one where 3 different calcs are involved). Can red/green dots be placed on this plot as well? 

Posted: Wednesday, July 25, 2018 1:16:33 PM

I am not looking for dots to be placed for 50 day stock price close highs/lows.

I am looking for dots to be placed for 50 day highs/lows of the RS line between a stock ticker and SPX. Similarly, dots for 50 day highs/lows of OBV line of a stock ticker.

Is this doable? 

Posted: Wednesday, July 25, 2018 12:17:27 PM

Period 50, offset 0, based on close (not high/low), data source is RS line of stock vs SPX. I have set it up w/ donchian channel, but the touches are hard to see. Plus I cannot check it manually since the values are truncated at 2 decimal points. I have other data sources (OBV and cumulative acc/dist) too where I intend to do the same for easy visibility of touches/pierces.

Above or below (i.e. pierce throughs) counts as touching. Only close (not high/low) counts as touching.

Do not understand the last Q. I have the lines w/ donchian channels already plotted. I would like to overlay on this plot a green dot when upper boundary of the donchian channel is touched/pierced and red dot when the lower boundary of the donchian channel is touched/pierced. 

thanks

Posted: Sunday, July 22, 2018 7:04:00 PM

Bruce, Is it possible to put green/red dots on the chart when the upper/lower donchian channel lines are touched by line around which the donchian channel is plotted? thanks 

Topic: Donchian channel height
Posted: Thursday, May 3, 2018 2:38:12 PM

By "height" I meant the "width" of the channel. Not just the high point over a historical period of time. How would one go about historical max width (over x periods) to current width? thanks

Topic: Donchian channel height
Posted: Thursday, May 3, 2018 1:58:36 AM

Bruce, Is it possible to calculate and compare the current height of a donchian channel to its maximum height over a historical period of time? 

thanks

Topic: RS line at new high
Posted: Friday, April 13, 2018 2:39:16 PM

Bruce, I am trying to get a scan for RS line new highs, but my scan is returning no results. Here is what I am doing:

Plot indicator "relative strength", its set to plot RS against ticker "spy", next "create scan condition", condition "new high", at "50" bar high, timeframe daily, scan in new window, changed list to scan from default S&P 500 to all US stocks. No results show up.

Running v12.5 in browser.

Topic: Watchlist help
Posted: Friday, May 12, 2017 9:25:39 AM

How to do this in v12?

Topic: v17 saving charts
Posted: Wednesday, April 12, 2017 4:47:02 AM

mdhaung, v12 is good for saving charts. Comments get saved and I use it extensively. More convenient than doing screen captures.

Topic: Vertical grid lines on charts
Posted: Wednesday, April 12, 2017 4:43:28 AM

Can someone from worden respond?