Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: Nashville
About
User Name: Nashville
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 11
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Data Useage with Ipad
Posted: Sunday, November 8, 2015 12:38:58 PM

Hello,

I was thinking about using an Ipad or a laptop to stream off of a cell phone line. I have 5 gb per month free. Is TC 2000 a data hog?

Thanks! 

Topic: Elder's Market Thermometer Question
Posted: Friday, March 16, 2012 12:35:07 PM

QUOTE (Bruce_L)

I certainly wouldn't create another formula if what you want to do is add it to the chart. I would just add a Moving Average to the Elder's Market Thermometer indicator and then click on the Moving Average to edit it to be a 22-Period Exponential Moving Average.

Actually what I need to do is to put the 22 period EMA of the Market Thermometer on the same indicator screen (below the chart) as the Market Thermometer itself. Hope this makes sense! How would can you tell the coding for this?

Thanks!

Topic: Elder's Market Thermometer Question
Posted: Friday, March 16, 2012 12:22:11 PM

Hello Bruce!

I have a question for you.

I programmed an Elder's Market Thermometer: ((ABS(H-H1) >= ABS(L1-L))*-1)*(ABS(H-H1)) + ((ABS(L1-L) > ABS(H-H1))*-1)*(ABS(L1-L))

Now I need to get the 22 period EMA of the Market thermometer on the same chart. How would program this?

Thanks! Brit in Nashville.

Topic: PCF is creating error when tested.
Posted: Wednesday, March 14, 2012 12:27:58 PM

Hi Richard!

I am a big fan of Dr. Elder as well, and I'm finishing my third book by him. Could I possibly get a copy of the spreadsheet? This would help a lot with managing the SafeZone.

Thanks!

Brit in Nashville

QUOTE (InvestAlert)
Oh, by the way, I developed a spreadsheet using Dr Elder's methodology to calculate SafeZone stops, long or short. You can get the stops based on 30 days of prices from TeleChart for any of your favorite stocks in about 2 minutes ( I can do it in about 30 seconds). I also included the ability to change the safety factor on the fly. Dr Elder suggests using a safety factor of between 2.0 and 3.0 until you are comfortable with the results and then maybe experiment with it further.

I offer to share this Beta spreadsheet with the TeleChart staff and members in recognition for the contributories to this forum.

Be careful out there and be srue hug your kids!

Best Regards, Richard

Topic: Colors and the Elder Impulse System
Posted: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 3:08:23 PM
QUOTE (Bruce_L)
I could not say when or if this particular feature will be added to TC2000 version 12.

Thanks Bruce.You guys are always professional  and helpful!
Posted: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 2:59:25 PM
QUOTE (Nashville )
Is there a way to get a color associated with the numerical value of an indicator, so that the color could change at certain levels? 

Thanks! Nashville : )

Ok, so I found some other posts on this. 

Question: Is this "in the works"? Would be a really nice feature for all kinds of trading styles.
Posted: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 2:51:45 PM
Is there a way to get a color associated with the numerical value of an indicator, so that the color could change at certain levels? 

Thanks! Nashville : )
Topic: CANSLIM / IBD- need user input
Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2011 10:24:22 AM
Hello! 
I am inputing the CANSLIM method in to TC. Just curius what values people are trying for:

Shares held by insiders

Relative strength

Institutional sponsorship
Topic: Question for "Free" training class attendees
Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2011 10:19:37 AM
Just attended seminar this last weekend in Nashville. You have no worries, these are not salespeople. These are true professionals who want to help you. No pressure, just teaching. If you want more, they will help you. 

I can say all this, having been a sales professional in the past : )