Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: rewingr
About
User Name: rewingr
Groups: Beta Testers, Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 25
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: General Broker "Rules" Question
Posted: Monday, February 14, 2005 7:09:35 AM
Goldman25,

Thanks for the feedback. Kinda what I figured, but had not been able to find that specific issue addressed on various broker web sites.

Roy
Topic: General Broker "Rules" Question
Posted: Saturday, February 12, 2005 6:22:15 PM
I am starting to trade using Scottrade, the well known discount broker. The experience has been very good so far, but when I inquired about setting multiple stops, I got "stopped"

I asked if I could set a "Stop Loss", and a "Limit" at the same time and was told no. In other words, I wanted to "bracket" the stock to prevent a sudden dive with the stop loss, and automatically sell at my trigger price on the upside.

This seems reasonable to me. I am a "swing" trader, and check things out only at the end of the day. Scottrade has a $0.15 gap between current price and any stop or limits set, which is OK, but why not be able to set both high and low limits at the same time??

Is this "rule" something set by SEC or is it just this particular brokers rule?

Thanks.

Roy Ewing
Topic: Unable to view Videos
Posted: Thursday, November 25, 2004 12:12:35 AM
For those (enlightened types!!) who insist on using the new Mozilla Firefox Browser, follow this link for a workaround to the Internet Explorer requirement!

http://www.worden.com/training/default.aspx?g=posts&t=206

You will still need to have IE installed, but this little utility lets you view the videos here with only 2 extra clicks and you do not have to go hunting for the IE icon.

Roy Ewing
Topic: Finding Expanding or Contracting Bollinger Bands
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2004 5:06:47 AM
Doug,

I hope I will be allowed to offer some help to those, like me, that are hardcore Mozilla FireFox converts. As explained in the above posts, I was unable to get the video to load when I selected the link. It was not a security issue that I can tell, but simply that this version of FireFox does not respond to the type of link being used to invoke the video. The IE browser does.

So, rather than find that dusty IE icon (aarrghh), here is a handy FireFox plugin (extension) that automatically pulls up IE for that single task of viewing the video, and then politely puts it away untill called upon again.

In your FireFox browser:

1. Select Tools > Extensions

2. If you do not have "IEview", select "Get More Extensions" on the lower right hand corner of the window.

3. That will open up the Mozilla Update web page, where you can select IEview. Follow the install instructions.

4. Once installed, you use it simply by "Right Clicking" on a Worden forum link that opens a video.

5. You will get a picklist and one of the selections says "Open Link Target in IE". Select that (Left click) and enjoy the video!!

6. When you have completed viewing the video, simply click on the "X" in the upper right of the window to close it, and you are back with FireFox (ain't it beautiful..!!).

DISCLAIMER: This "Extension" is freeware, offered by Mozilla as an add-on to their browser programs. I have no connection with Mozilla, the author of this (or any other!) add-on. Nor do I claim it will make you rich, famous, or that it will even work for you. It works for me by making my browsing easier and more efficient....'nuff said, proselytizing done!

Prosperous trading to you all!

Roy Ewing
Posted: Saturday, November 13, 2004 10:45:17 PM
Craig,

I posted a 'retraction', but see it turned up blank!!.

Anyway, I initially was using Mozilla FireFox browser, and it was simply not responding to the script.

When I "reverted" 8-( to IE, it popped right in, and I was able to view/control it normally!

I am sure it is a security setting in FireFox that is the issue, because I did download the Flash for my Mozilla installation.

Thanks for the follow-up.

Roy Ewing
Posted: Thursday, November 11, 2004 8:07:55 PM
Posted: Thursday, November 11, 2004 7:46:52 PM
StockGuy,

Followed the link from Customer Support Email to this post, but no further link/info here??