Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: rwsmilie
About
User Name: rwsmilie
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 38
[0.01% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Weekly PCF/Easy scans
Posted: Friday, February 2, 2007 10:54:37 AM
Your help, and patience, for a novice are appreciated.

RS
Posted: Thursday, February 1, 2007 9:03:12 PM
Would you please segment the PCF for me as below?

2A-Check that the 8,13,5 MACD is either negative or crossing to negative on the weekly. PCF = _____

3-Check that todays closing price is within at least a certain percentage of the BB Width away from the BB Centerline (adjust the .8s to adjust the distance from the centerline) on the daily. PCF = _______

3A-Check that todays closing price is within +/-10% of the upper boll band (21,20) on the weekly. PCF = _____

I have confused myself completely!!

RS
Posted: Thursday, February 1, 2007 6:26:46 PM
Would you review and repost the bearsih PCF? I tried to correct the 2SMA < 4SMA but have corrupted the PCF! MACD also needs to be 0 or negative for both daily and weekly.

Again i appreciate your help.

RS
Posted: Thursday, February 1, 2007 5:28:54 PM
I shall try again--and thanks.

RS
Posted: Thursday, February 1, 2007 2:31:44 PM
OK. All is in good order but, the C relative to the Boll bands. I likely didn't state the objective well enough. Per yesterday's close, LLY is above the upper BB on the daily but much nearer the lower BB on the weekly.

How do we change the scan to capture the close nearer the boll bands for both time frames? Perhaps the percentage approach isn't best--maybe have the C within +/- $2 of the value of the lower band [and the upper for the bearish scans].

P.S. COF, and WMI are other examples.

Thanks

RS
Posted: Thursday, February 1, 2007 1:06:25 PM
Thanks again. I'll give these a try.

RS
Posted: Thursday, February 1, 2007 10:36:36 AM
I am interested in establishing a (bullish) easy scan that will do the following:

1-Check that the 2SMA is greater than the 4SMA on the daily
1A-Check that the 2SMA is greater than the 4SMA on the weekly
2-Check that the 8,13,5 MACD is either positive or crossing to positive on the daily
2A-Check that the 8,13,5 MACD is either positive or crossing to positive on the weekly
3-Check that todays closing price is within +/-10% of the lower boll band (21,20) on the daily
3A-Check that todays closing price is within +/-10% of the lower boll band (21,20) on the weekly

Inversely for a bearish scan:

1-Check that the 2SMA is less than the 4SMA on the daily
1A-Check that the 2SMA is less than the 4SMA on the weekly
2-Check that the 8,13,5 MACD is either negative or crossing to negative on the daily
2A-Check that the 8,13,5 MACD is either negative or crossing to negative on the weekly
3-Check that todays closing price is within +/-10% of the upper boll band (21,20) on the daily
3A-Check that todays closing price is within +/-10% of the upper boll band (21,20) on the weekly

Thanks in advance for your help. You assistance has been enormously generous!

RS
Topic: Splits and additional intra-day time frames
Posted: Wednesday, November 29, 2006 10:12:10 PM
Splits - I want to establish a watchlist that contains any stock that has split in the last 8-9 weeks.

Can I establish an intra-day chart time frame of 180 minutes? If not, can I recommend this programming change to you and your staff? I find this time frame helpful; TC jumps from daily all the way to hourly which is to abrupt for some trades I'd like to make.

Thanks,
RS
Topic: Searches and Beta PCF
Posted: Monday, November 13, 2006 9:18:20 PM
I mis-stated. When i select search at the top right of this page (forum) and enter MACD then search, i get no hits.

RS
Topic: Searches and Beta PCF
Posted: Saturday, November 11, 2006 4:00:29 PM
Thanks Craig. I do use the Beta condition in the system which i understand is updated weekly (on Saturday).

Any suggestions on the search issue? I've entered several items (e.g. MACD, beta, stohastics, etc.) and rarely get any hits?

RS