Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: Bludog
About
User Name: Bludog
Groups: Beta Testers, Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 89
[0.03% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: How do I write a PCF which divides C1 for GDX by C1 for GLD?
Posted: Tuesday, March 4, 2014 2:41:19 PM

Thanks Bruce,

That works fine for me as the last price is on the Rel strgth give me what I was looking for and I just save that plot as one of my many that I reference.

/* Phil */

Topic: How do I write a PCF which divides C1 for GDX by C1 for GLD?
Posted: Monday, March 3, 2014 7:33:32 AM

Bruce, I am looking to create a pcf that I can utilize to give me a value for the above so I can use it daily to examine various precious metal mining stocks. I have no idea how one can do this and any assistance is always greatly appreciated.

/* Phil */

Topic: Numbering Items in Personal Watchlist
Posted: Thursday, December 5, 2013 2:00:01 AM

Hello Bruce, et al,

Is there any way to have a blank column wherein one may place a number so that one can then sort the watchlist based on the numbers entered?

If this is not possible would you kindly request the ability to enter more than simply 'My Notes' which I prefer to keep in a bottom window of my charting layouts.

It is obviously not possible to rename the stocks with a number preceeding them as the charts would disappear lol. So any help would be appreciated.

Perhaps there's a pcf that you might suggest that will allow an interger of at least 2 digits to be input ? Thanks for everything,

/* Phil */

Topic: Don Worden's algorithm on when to sell
Posted: Thursday, July 18, 2013 1:04:56 AM

Years ago Don published a saying he used as a means for determining when to sell. I wanted to pass this along but couldn't find it in all of my recorded Worden Notes and wonder if one of you might remember where it is located. It went something like:

"if  your stock is down x% and you still have y% profit... do this" and went on for three or four different conditions.

If anyone knows this it would be greatly appreciated.

/* Phil */

Topic: EasyScan search with P/E, RSI specific values
Posted: Tuesday, April 9, 2013 12:55:23 PM

Thanks Bruce. Very clear and concise.

w/ appreciation,

/* Phil */

Posted: Tuesday, April 9, 2013 3:02:17 AM

Thanks Bruce. Truly appreciated. Whereas in the older V7 and earlier versions I was fairly proficient, not having done an enormous amount of programming with later versions I've been unable to locate things I usually employ lol. 

I was able to create the pcf for what you, kindly, put in your reply but still cannot figure out how to create from that a Custom PCF % True etc formula as the help file showed a bunch of stuff that would not appear in 12.3.4822 etc. So I created the PCF from a chart using the 14-period Wilder and combined that with the PE in an EasyScan.

If there's a tutorial which goes into the % True et al with this version let me know. 

Thanks again,

all my best,

/* Phil */

Posted: Monday, April 8, 2013 1:02:34 AM

Hi Bruce,

I would like to create an EasyScan that will search all stocks for a specific Wilder's RSI 14 value within the last x days as well as limiting it to stocks with a max PE of Y. We could use the RSI 14 value being at 30 or below and the P/E at 12 or less. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks

as always,

/* Phil */

Topic: EASYSCANS & PCF Forums
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 12:08:02 AM

Hi Bruce or whomever might be handling this. I have a suggestion for the Forums. Is it possible to create a Forum wherein are voluntarily listed EasyScans/PCFs created by both Worden support staff and users so that it would be easy to search for a useful EasyScan? 

This could save a lot of users time as well as provide an area wherein users could view a bunch of Easyscans/pcfs and thus learn by viewing. I know that both of these are discussed but what I am describing is simply a description of the EasyScan/Pcf and its listing. Not an area wherein questions are solved.

Perhaps PCFs should be in a separate forum.

Thanks,

/* Phil */

Topic: Price Zone Oscillator (PZO)
Posted: Wednesday, August 8, 2012 2:45:36 AM

Hello again Bruce,

I was looking at the above cited indicator and in the online help it says the following;

"To add/edit the plot guides on an indicator, click on the name of the indicator and select Edit Plot Guides. You can add and customize plot guides on any indicator in the system to mark significant levels. And once you’ve set up the plot guides the way you want them, click on the indicator and select Save. You now have your own customized version of the indicator available to you in the indicator library."

I added PZO to one of 12 different chart setups I utilize but when I right click on the Price Zone Oscillator the only choices that come up are: Edit, Plot New Indicator Here, Create Scan Condition, etc., but 'Edit Plot Guids' does not appear. Is it correct that there is a means of adding these guides? and, if so, how?

as per usual, Thanks for your help:)

/* Phil */

Topic: Gap Back Testing
Posted: Thursday, July 19, 2012 10:47:09 PM

As per usual, Bruce, you are always accurate, prompt, and friendly. Thanks!

/* Phil */