Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: Alabama Trader
About
User Name: Alabama Trader
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 41
[0.01% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Reloading TC
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2009 1:07:47 PM
I am in the process of upgrading my computer with a new OS. This is a new load and I am having to load all of my old software. Do I just need to reload TC to get it to work or is there something that I need to do? Also I want to save all of my old formulas and criteria. What do I need to do to copy then to the new OS? Any other suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Alabama Trader
Topic: TC takes a long time to update
Posted: Monday, February 9, 2009 2:52:57 PM
Whenever I do my nightly update of TC it takes anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes or longer to update. My system has the following configuration:
Windows 2000 Pro SP4
1 MB memory
AMD Athlon XP 1800+
Dial up line

When the update starts, there will be a download of about 5 seconds and then a pause of about 4 minutes. This goes on for the entire time that the update is taking place. Is this the normal procedure?
Topic: What is the definition of Net Change
Posted: Monday, February 9, 2009 2:41:27 PM
I have looked in the Knowledge Base and done a search in the Ask A Trainer Forum but I am unable to find a definition of Net Change. Is it the difference between the H-L of a specific date range, the H-H of the date range or the L-L of the range?

Thanks..
Topic: Company names in TC do not match NYSE
Posted: Sunday, November 9, 2008 12:30:01 AM
In TC the symbol BBV shows a company name of Banco Privanza Intl Gbrltr Ltd but according to the New York Stock Exchange, where this stock is listed, the company name is Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A.. I am just curious as to why the difference in names?
Topic: Is there some type of video that explains how to ask a question? I am unable to get past subject lin
Posted: Sunday, November 9, 2008 12:18:41 AM
The box that I am typing in now did not appear when I first tried to post my question.  The menus above this space did appear but the message area did not. I have submitted post before but it has been awhile. When this popped up I figured that something had changed because of all of the new stuff above the message area.
Topic: Is there some type of video that explains how to ask a question? I am unable to get past subject lin
Posted: Tuesday, November 4, 2008 1:38:21 AM
Topic: PCF not getting any hits.
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2007 4:36:52 PM
Oops

Thanks for the help.

Alabama Trader

P.S.
It appears that the sequence of execution is from left to right. Is this correct?
What is the hierarchy in a PCF and what role does the parenthesis play in the hierarchy?

Thanks again
Topic: PCF not getting any hits.
Posted: Monday, August 20, 2007 11:14:00 PM
I am trying to find stocks that have just closed above their 20 and 40 day moving average. The following PCF is not getting any hits. Can you tell me what the problem might be?

(((C > AVGC20) AND (C > AVGC40))
AND
((C < AVGC20.1) AND (C < AVGC40.1)))

Thanks

Alabama Trader
Topic: Tracking Price
Posted: Sunday, July 29, 2007 10:35:34 PM
On my chart screen I have set up a space for "Tracking Price". What is a Tracking Price and where does it come from?

Thanks

Alabama Trader
Topic: Selling/Buying Volume
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2007 12:03:40 PM
When I put Volume bars on my chart it shows volume as two different colors. The default colors are green and red. Green for rising and red for falling. If green is buying pressure and red is selling pressure how does TC know the difference between the two?