Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: jerryplante
About
User Name: jerryplante
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 8
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: ADX, DI+, and DI - values
Posted: Sunday, January 25, 2015 2:57:38 PM

Sorry for the trouble.  I found the answer in the Sorting tutorial.  I should have tried that first.

Jerry

Topic: ADX, DI+, and DI - values
Posted: Sunday, January 25, 2015 2:39:13 PM

Can I add columns to a layout in v12.4 with daily values for the indicators ADX, +DI, and -DI?  If so, how?  If not, will 12.5 provide this capability?

Thanks for your assisstance.

Jerry

Topic: Chart History
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2015 7:50:28 PM

Thanks Bruce.  I'll then use version 7 for those instances.

Jerry

Topic: Chart History
Posted: Monday, January 19, 2015 4:16:57 PM

I have the same question as Franz Josef.  In previous versions of TC2000 I have been able to view a daily chart of any stock all the way back to the first day the stock began to trade.  Is there any way to scroll back to the first day of trading of a stock on a daily chart in version 12.4?

Topic: Interday Intensity
Posted: Wednesday, July 30, 2014 9:12:25 PM

It turns out, interestingly enough, that the order of magnitue difference in the two scales is exactly 21, with the custom indicator using period 21 with the simple formula, has the smaller scale.

Jerry

Posted: Wednesday, July 30, 2014 9:02:24 PM

Bruce -

I stand corrected.  One of your posts in May 2011 divided the results by the sum of the volumes for 21 days, my revised  plots lay on top of each other and are identical.  However, the scales are still off by orders of magnitude, for the same stock and data.  Why would that be?

Sorry,

Jerry

Posted: Wednesday, July 30, 2014 8:40:58 PM

Bruce -

In regard to your post of September 24, 2012 regarding 21-period intraday intensity:

If I plot both versions in different colors in the middle window in Version 7, I get graphs that are relatively the same shape, but are offset from each other, and have remarkably different scales.  One goes from a  negative fraction to a  positive fraction, while the other goes from a very large negative number to a fairly large positive number.  Why do you think that is?

Jerry

Topic: bollinger Bands for Indicators
Posted: Wednesday, July 30, 2014 7:25:08 PM

I am currently using Bollinger Bands, period 40, width 20 in the middle window of a chart with Wilder's RSI to help in determining highs and lows of stocks.  I would like to use Bollinger's %b derived by the formula: ((Indicator - Indicator Lower Band)/(Indicator Upper Band - Indicator Lower Band)).  Normally, when Bollinger Bands are used in conjunction with closing prices, the formula for %b is  relatively straight forward ((C - Lower Band)/(Upper Band - Lower Band)) and the formula for the bands is well known in TC2000.  Could you tell me the algorithm you use for plotting the upper and lower bands for Bollinger Bands on  indicators such as RSI or other volume oscillators?  One of particular interest is 21-period Intraday Intensity that you discussed in your discussion forum June 15, 2011.   I can plot the indicator in the custom template and plot the Bollinger Band with it, but I don't know how to find the value of the bands to determine %b.

Thanks for your assistance with this topic.

Jerry Plante