Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: RZR
About
User Name: RZR
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 64
[0.02% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: First Trade Date?
Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2016 9:01:16 PM

Is there a simple realcode to show in a watchlist column the first date there is any data for a symbol? ie the IPO date?  I wasn't able to find it searching the forum.  

thank you sirs

Topic: If-Then Logic Alternative - Is it Possible?
Posted: Monday, March 14, 2016 6:45:29 PM

Thanks Bruce.  I hadn't seen that link before, some definitely great ideas there.  I have created dot-style indicators (in a sense similar to my original question) by taking abs(conditional test)*(H*1.001) or vice versa with L.  FWIW, I was able to closely reproduce that using the settings 55,1.5 then 1.75 and so on w/ the vol stop. 

Appreciate your chiming in as always. 

Posted: Wednesday, March 9, 2016 11:30:02 PM

Hey Diceman,

You're correct.  Didn't think of that one, and I appreciate you chiming in.  In addition to Bruce's invaluable expertise, you've been an excellent resource for many years as well. 

Cheers

Posted: Tuesday, March 8, 2016 11:03:39 PM

Hey Bruce,

Hope you're well.  

I stumbled across this image that appears to show if-then logic in Telechart.  

It is for sure the same font and drawing tool buttons - but for the life of me can't figure out how one could add the multiple green moving averages that plot below (under some condition) then above (red dots) under some other condition without using an if/then logic. 

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_banners/1150969206/1398552710/1500x500

Am I missing some basic syntax construct that would support this?

Topic: List Ex-ETF
Posted: Wednesday, January 20, 2016 1:44:30 PM

you're the man Bruce! Much appreciated I knew it had to be something simple.  Thanks for your time. 

Topic: List Ex-ETF
Posted: Wednesday, January 20, 2016 1:37:15 PM

Hey Bruce, hope you're well.  

Is there a simple method to show a source list of all stocks, ex-ETFs?

Thanks.

Topic: Plotting a New Condition in Hindsight
Posted: Tuesday, September 9, 2014 1:32:05 AM

That worked perfectly, thank you Bruce.  

Topic: Plotting a New Condition in Hindsight
Posted: Tuesday, September 2, 2014 7:40:29 PM

Hello Bruce / All,

I posted this question in the Realcode thread but it appears that forum is less active than the one here so I am reposting.  

Essentially, the question is this:

1.) I have a boolean condition that plots on a weekly timeframe, while looking at a daily chart.  

On a weekly candle, the question is --> price.close > price.maxclose(1,1) and volume.value > volume.value(1) ;

To do this I call the weekly timeframe using the methods in this post from Bruce.  

Next,

2.) I plot based on

If weekly condition = true then plot = weekly value low

I make the plot shape a line and this plots a horizontal line at one value, the low over the weekly range that the weekly condition passes, but because it is on a daily chart, it actually produces 5 values, all over the course of the week, plotted at that week's low.  

3.) This works perfectly, without the use of realtime data.  This is because in hindsight, the algo can always find the lowest ultimate low in a given pass week.  

4.) When realtime data is introduced, not only can I not get the contiguous five bar plot at the same lowest low value (ie the lowest weekly low on a pass week), but the code doesn't know how cancel prior values in exchange for new ones:

Suppose Monday is a pass for the weekly condition that week.  The plot will go under Monday's low, as that is the weekly low on a pass week.

Now, Tuesday is still a pass for the weekly condition, however, the low is lower than monday's low.  The plot SHOULD replot under both Monday and Tuesday using Tuesday's low, effectively canceling and replacing Monday's output.  But instead keeps the plot on Monday under Monday's low, and under Tuesday's low for Tuesday.  

Now suppose Wednesday is a sharp move down, such that it cancels the weekly pass.  Also, by chance, price makes a new low over Monday and Tuesday.  It should now cancel the entire plot since the weekly pass is not true, deleting the plot under Monday and Tuesday.  IE, it cancels it based on new data.  What actually happens, is it will correctly plot nothing for Wednesday, but won't cancel the pass for Monday and Tuesday.

Now, let's say Thursday makes a recover, such that on Thursday, the weekly condition is once again a pass.  It should now plot Wednesday's low (the lowest value on a weekly timeframe for the weekly pass) under Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.

Assuming Friday is no change, the week is still a pass week, then Wednesday's low will now plot under Friday as well.  

Do you have any suggestions on how I can implement this?

Thanks again Bruce for your tireless (and often valiant) efforts to help us SF users.
Topic: correlation and r2 for two indicators in realcode
Posted: Friday, August 29, 2014 3:04:20 PM

Hey Cortner, 

This is how I do it.  And it's from memory, so forigve me if incorrect.  

1.) Plot both indicators on your chart

2.) Click and drag one indicator on top of the other, and select "create ratio" or "difference".  It doesn't matter whch of the options you pick, you just want SF to make some relationship between the two

3.) NOW...click on the new indicator that is created which just plots the difference.  

4.) When the edit dialog comes up for that new indicator, in the lower left you will see a blue link that says "show block diagram".  Click this link

5.) A window will pop up with a bunch of squares connected by lines.  Find the sqaure that says "ratio" or "Difference" it will be named whatever you picked in step #2.

6.) Right-click that square, and select "replace" from the menu. 

7.) A new menu pops up with a list.  

8.) Find and select "Correlation"

9.)  Close the block diagram window, and now on your chart the relationship between indicators will be the correlation

10.) You can now edit this "correlation" to change the period 

Good luck!

Topic: Plotting a Value over a Week with Hindsight
Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2014 6:47:21 PM

"Then the reset is the next time there is a new max high"

Should read, "new max close, after the condition has passed"