Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: kenhi
About
User Name: kenhi
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 18
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Writing a scan on support and resistance
Posted: Friday, December 9, 2011 4:04:35 PM
Hi BrucePlease tell me why what I asked for in not practical. Maybe I can adjust the request to make it practicalThanks
Posted: Tuesday, December 6, 2011 5:42:27 PM
1. The period should be 6 months or 1 year 2. Moving along a 50dsma just means that the price should be moving above or below the 50dma looking for an entry point that gives at least a 1 to 1 risk/reward ratio or better assuming the price returns close to the 50dsma.3. The further the price is away from the 50 dma the better as long as it returns to the 50dma looking for at lease a 1 to 1 risk/reward. The entire price bar counts4. For retracement it does not have to touch the 50 dma but should be enough that there is a 1 to 1 risk reward ratio from the high price to the retracement Thank You
Posted: Tuesday, December 6, 2011 5:09:31 PM
QUOTE (Bruce_L)
It may or may not be practical depending on the specifics of what you are attempting to identify.

Over how many periods are we attempting to test that Price is "moving along a 50 day simple average"?

What constitutes "moving along a 50 day simple average"? Does the price bar have to touch the moving average? Does it have to remain within a certain percentage of the Moving Average a certain percentage of the time? If so, does any part of the price bar count? Just the close? The entire price bar?

How close to the Moving Average to we have to get to constitute a retracement? Does it have to actually touch the moving average?
Posted: Tuesday, December 6, 2011 1:30:09 AM
Can a scan be written to:1. Find charts that the price is moving along a 50 day simple average andwhenever the price goes above or below the 50 days simple average it alwaysreturns to the 50 day moving average.2.If number 1 is possible then to limit the results where the movement above or below the 50 day simple average is at least 10 % away from that moving average.3. If number 1 & 2 is possible then can the scan also limit the results to find stocks where there has been at least two a second retracment was just completed.Thank you
Posted: Sunday, November 20, 2011 4:26:17 PM
I had a free trial to TC 2000 before and could not get a scan that came up with stocks to meet what I am looking for.Now that a new version of TC 2000 has been issued I would like to know ifI get get a listing of stocks that meet the following conditions1. The price of the stock is within 1% of the support line2. The price of the stock is within 1%of the resistance line3. The difference between the support or resistance line is at least 30%4. To be a support or resistance line there has to be at least 3 hits
Topic: Channeling Stocks
Posted: Tuesday, December 7, 2010 7:40:38 PM
Hi

Can this PCF be modified so that
1. The results have only stocks that is in a horizontal channel only where the support and resistance lines
are horizontal lines east to west.
2. The support and resistance lines= the price of the stock hit the line at least 3 times
2. The channel is $3.00 or more

If clarification or more info is needed please ask me questions

Thank You
Topic: Scan for stocks bouncing in a lateral channel
Posted: Sunday, November 28, 2010 2:57:11 AM
Hi

You keep on asking me to watch the same video.
I am not getting what I am looking for from this video

1. Can you help me find stocks in the new york and nasdaq stock exchanges that are currently in a horizontal channel.
1. The upper channel = the high price hit at least three times in the last 80 bars on a daily chart
2. The lower channel = the lowest price hit at least three times in the last 80 bars pm a daily chart
3. Give the horizontal channel a 10 % leway
4. The distance between the upper and lower channel is at least $ 3.00

After the list of channeling stocks are found I would like to see
1. The MACD fast line either breaking above or below the slow line and if the lines are above or below the zero line.

Can you please ask me questions if you need more information or please let me know if I cannot get the results I am looking for from telechart of stockfinder 5.

Is this better to be run using telecharts or stockfinder 5

Than You
Topic: Channeling stocks using stock finder
Posted: Saturday, November 27, 2010 9:28:49 PM
Hi

Can you please tell me in detail how I would do the following in stockfinder 5

1. Find stocks that are hitting support and resistance within the past four months and the difference between the support and resistance lines = to at least $3.00
  a. Support = hitting the price at least three times in the above period
  b. Resistance = hitting the price at least three times in the above period

2. The MACD fast line crossing either above or below the slow line

I watched the videos however there are so many chocies so it would be very hard for me to find a way
to get the results I am looking for. Please tell me if all you can do is to refer me to the videos that you have already told me to look at. I other words is the existing videos the only help you are able to give me

Thank You
Topic: Channeling stocks using stock finder
Posted: Wednesday, November 24, 2010 4:22:49 AM
I do not know anything about stock finder.

1. Please teach me how to find horizontial channeling stocks using stock finder.
2. Please teach me how to find vertical channeling stocks using stock finder.
3. After finding channeling stocks sort by MACD cross overs, RSI, stochastics

Thank you
Topic: channeling stocks
Posted: Tuesday, November 23, 2010 6:29:43 PM
I have set up the scan for stocks bouncing in a lateral channel and get too many stocks in the scan.
Is there anything I can add into the scan to get channeling stocks moving in a horizontal channel.

Thanks