Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: smb1970
About
User Name: smb1970
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 8
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Standard Deviation of several macd's
Posted: Monday, March 3, 2008 6:35:32 AM
Hi Bruce,I want the standard deviation to be daily. I'm trying to measure the deviation between the four macd indicators for each day.Regards Steve
Topic: Problem setting up custom percent true indicator of TSV 'vs it's MA
Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2008 9:01:40 AM
Thanks very much
Topic: Problem setting up custom percent true indicator of TSV 'vs it's MA
Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2008 6:47:55 AM
Hi Guys,I'm trying to add a custom percent true indicator along the lines of tsv13 > AVG(tsv13)21However, it's giving me the boolean error.Any ideas what I might be doing wrong here?Regards Steve
Topic: Replies to "Handy PCF example formulas to help you learn the syntax of PCFs!"
Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2008 6:46:56 AM
Sorry guys, meant to post this as a new topic !
Topic: Replies to "Handy PCF example formulas to help you learn the syntax of PCFs!"
Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2008 6:45:56 AM
Hi Guys,I'm trying to add a custom percent true indicator along the lines of tsv13 > AVG(tsv13)21However, it's giving me the boolean error.Any ideas what I might be doing wrong here?Regards Steve
Topic: Standard Deviation of several macd's
Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2008 5:49:28 AM
Hi guys,I'm trying to work out how to set up a custom indicator that would show me the standard deviation of a set of macd plots.The four macd plots are( XAVGC5 - XAVGC13 - XAVG(XAVGC5,5) + XAVG(XAVGC13,5) ) ( XAVGC13 - XAVGC21 - XAVG(XAVGC13,5) + XAVG(XAVGC21,5) ) ( XAVGC21 - XAVGC34 - XAVG(XAVGC21,5) + XAVG(XAVGC34,5) ) ( XAVGC34 - XAVGC55 - XAVG(XAVGC34,5) + XAVG(XAVGC55,5) ) I've found the formula on here to calculate a standard deviation as SQR( ( ( C*C + C1*C1 + ...+ Cn*Cn )- ( p * AvgCp * AvgCp ) ) / n )where p = SMAPds and n = Pds-1However, I don't understand what all the variables in this formula signify or how to create it as a pcf/ custom indicator. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.Regards Steve
Topic: Using the Industry Menu to analyze stocks relative to their industries and sub-industries
Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2008 6:37:55 AM
Hey Bruce, thanks for the welcome and the tips. I've already worked out a manual system that doesn't take too long. It would be kind of nice if it could be more automated though.Regards Steve
Topic: Searching the stocks within a set of Hemscott Industry Groups
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2008 4:38:35 AM
Hi,I have created two easyscans in Telecharts. One contains the top performing Hemscott industry groups based on performance criteria. The other the worst performing Hemscott industry groups.What I would now like to do is to create an easyscan that examines the stocks that fall within these two groups. Is it possible to do this?If so, how is it done?ThanksSteve