Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: proton32060
About
User Name: proton32060
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 5
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Backing up Telechart program
Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2008 11:43:59 PM
I have a question about backing up the Telechart program.

I am using two computers at different locations. I talked to the live chat tech support and they recommended that I use the backup function in the file menu to backup to the Worden server.
When I restored to the other computer it did not seem to restore all the changes I made.

Does the restore function back up everything including stocks on watch lists, pcf’s, customized scans, etc?

If the restore function doesn’t duplicate everything can you just copy the entire program folder on a USB drive and overwrite the whole thing on the other computer?

Basically, I just need a way to create an exact duplicate so I don’t spend a lot of time re-tweaking everything to the way it was on the machine I was using the day before.

I know someone somewhere has already asked this question but I hunted around for most of the afternoon and could not find anything.

Thanks for the help.
Topic: PCF for Price Channels
Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2008 11:04:30 PM
Thanks a lot.
I Really Appreciate it.

I do have a suggestion.

Even a programming illiterate like me can usually figure out how to modify the periods in a formula that does about what they are looking for. From looking at the posts many people ask variations of the same questions and are looking for many of the same things.

It would be great if you guys would assemble a pdf file with a compilation of the pcf’s you have posted with a short explanation of what they do. It would probably save you guys the trouble of answering the same questions over and over again.
Topic: PCF for Price Channels
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2008 5:16:44 PM
I need some help creating two formulas to be part of an easy scan. Now I will admit I have never comprehended even simple programming so this probably is not difficult but it is beyond me.

I am using these two formulas for a Price Channel:

Indicator Line Formula:
(MAXH22+ MINL22) / 2

Channel Width Formula:
(MAXH22 - MINL22) / 6

Smoothing average= 1
Width Multiplier= 28
Exponential

What I need is to create two formulas to add to different easy scans.

1)      Select stocks which have closed above the price channel.
2)      Select stocks which have closed below the price channel.

I have watched just about every training video I could find and did not find anything that would give a clear idea how to do this. If there is one I would probably still not understand the programming.

So if you could please just spell out the formulas for this I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
Topic: Overview of the TeleChart main screen - WatchList, Notes and Chart windows
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2008 9:31:43 PM

Thanks for the link to the manual

However you may want to ensure your customer service people know it.

I just about canceled the service and said the heck with it because I had no reference material.

I called your customer service people twice talking to two different people. Both times I expressed frustration with the program and asked if there were any manuals available to facilitate learning the program.

Each told me the only instructional material available was the online help files. And that Worden had no manuals and none were available for purchase.

That was why I sounded a little testy on my first post. Both reps were very polite and helpful but neither knew of any printed material and stated the only way to learn the program was to read the help files. While help files are good for specific questions, they are virtually useless to learn a complex program from scratch.

Thanks again for the link.

Topic: Overview of the TeleChart main screen - WatchList, Notes and Chart windows
Posted: Saturday, January 12, 2008 12:10:43 AM

One recommendation.

Please Please Please create a manual in pdf format that can be downloaded, printed, and read.

I can see this is an excellent product but it is not particularly intuitive. I have used similar products through the years which were no better than yours but they did have a users manual available which made learning the program much easier.
I doubt if anyone can learn a program using help files since they do not follow a logical progression.

A manual would be more beneficial than almost anything else you could do. Maybe I am not real smart ( just ask my wife) but trying to learn a relatively complex program like this through help files or videos is much harder than a simple printed manual we could download and refer to while using the program.

If there is a book available for your product please give me the title and I will buy it.

I apologize if I sound testy. But after two hours of fighting with it and bouncing around in help files I have got a heck of a headache and am incredibly frustrated. Please create a manual.

Or at a minimunm, string the help files together in a logical progression and put them in a format that can be downloaded in one file and printed.

I can’t be the only user who feels this way.