Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Capstone (CPST) Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
malcolmb14
Posted : Saturday, November 12, 2005 8:56:15 AM
CPST broke out of a resistance level yesterday on good volume. Nice break out play. Could this stock go and test it's highs of early this year ??? I wonder.

There is a rumour that Capstone's partner, UTC Power, a division of United Technologies (UTX:NYSE), put out a press release on its Web site yesterday saying its PureComfort 360 power system is being tested at a Wal-Mart in Colorado. Based on the analysts and investors , it appears with quite a high degree of reliability that it is Capstone's C60 microturbine that is powering UTC's system. This is one of the new sustainable Walmarts that they have just recently finished construction of and are now in trials with. if there is any truth to this rumour it could be very positive for Capstone as Walmart buys their equipment on national accounts and deliver it to the general Contractor for installation. It appears that this news has not hit the Street yet...but when it does i think that it will have a positive impact on this stock.

Also Capstone have just opened an office in china . As we all know China has
big problems with power requirements and the Capstone microturbines would be of use in this arena.

Who knows what this company is destined for , but I really like their product and believe that with the world energy crisis Capstone is going to be a company to watch in the upcoming months.
Bucket_Shop
Posted : Sunday, November 13, 2005 11:22:08 PM

malcolmb14,
I like the way this stocks retracment was very predictable with BOP holding in there. Also it formed a nice baseline support to bounce from. Very tradable for accumulation.Nice find!
malcolmb14
Posted : Monday, November 14, 2005 12:13:38 AM
Thanks bucket
malcolmb14
Posted : Monday, November 14, 2005 6:45:43 PM
CPST highest volume in after hours trading today...no news...just lots of volume. Jumped 12% after hours. It will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow.
ymike
Posted : Monday, November 14, 2005 10:52:05 PM
Nice divergence in tsv since mid Oct, ms still strong, I agree this looks like a good one
winston00
Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2005 12:44:33 AM
Cramer pumped this stock on Mad Money and up 26% after hours. Await the pull back
malcolmb14
Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2005 4:37:19 PM
winston .... I have been in this stock since late October when it formed great support. With todays run of the stock I believe that a pullback might happen in the near furture and I will sell. I would look to repurchase the stock at a lower price level as with it's trading volume over the last fews days I think that it may and go test those $5 highs.

It will be interesting to see how this one plays out for the balance of this week.
winston00
Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2005 6:54:47 PM
Malcolmb,

Nice call on this one. Also, NVAX played out very well today. Too volitile for me, but good run up today.

Still keeping an eye on WGAT...