Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

VPHM Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
willyger
Posted : Thursday, November 10, 2005 4:24:32 PM
Why did VPHM drop 4 points today on good news, if this was short covering, (essentially buying) please explain the process by which this caused the price to drop.
Thanks, willyger
Doug_H
Posted : Thursday, November 10, 2005 4:28:08 PM

Worden Trainer

This question is completely beyond the purpose of the Ask A Trainer forum. We are here to train and assist with the use of the TeleChart software, but we're not able to provide opinions about why things happened in the market.

However, this is a perfect question for our Stock and Market Talk forum. I will move your question to that forum, and I suspect you'll get some input from other TeleChart subscribers who are more qualified (and completely free) to express their opinions and share their insight into market action of this type.

- Doug
Teaching Online!
phi1l
Posted : Thursday, November 10, 2005 7:12:43 PM
See: (Removed by Moderator)
fpetry
Posted : Thursday, November 10, 2005 7:22:53 PM
willy, I don't know why it dropped, but it's a perfect example of why some traders (myself included) rarely keep an open position (long or short) all the way into earnings. I've found that over the long haul it's been a good strategy for myself. How stocks react to earnings is downright crazy at times. On the flip side I opted to not enter TOMO yesterday because earnings out this morning...and it exploded to the upside. But there's always the pretty good chance that I can get in TOMO later on a pullback.
fpetry
Posted : Thursday, November 10, 2005 7:36:34 PM
well, speaking of the Devil, or whatever...go to Alan Farley's site and check out his musing for today in the Tips and Technique box updated each evening and located upper right of main page. Farley is one of the gurus who have influenced my style and often repeats today's mantra.
Bucket_Shop
Posted : Thursday, November 10, 2005 11:45:05 PM

willyger,
I might not be the more qualified to explain this sudden sell off. But this stock has gone up from a May 2, low of $1.67 to a high of $24.36. Somewere along the way there were a lot of cheap shares holding out while the perceptions of new buyers had higher & higher expectations.Even with a good projection, rational exhuberance may have gotten the best of those who though that even better projections couldn't justify having two birds in the bush better than net profit.

Check out the weakening of BOP in early Oct. and diminishing TSV late summer on. A rounding top and finally a three day high volume sell off.Maybe just profit taking and an oppurtunity to jump on a good co.during a pull back.