Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

I have 2 Bollinger Band channels on a chart. Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
mpetty
Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2018 4:49:42 PM

I have colored 1 blue and the other white. When the "top" lines cross they show up in a column I have in a scan.

The problem arises when the "bottom" ones cross they are not indicating in a column I have in that scan.

Although the top lines show up in a perfectly ideal way, I can not use the top lines as they do not work for invesment purposes. 

What I would like is for the bottom lines to indicate correctly in the column I have in the scan the way the top ones do.

Please Help

Thank You.

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2018 4:57:13 PM

Worden Trainer

I am going to assume you click on the chart and selected Create Scan to create the condition? If so, eidit the conditon to make sure both portions of the comparison specify channel bottom. If this is not the case, then the condition will not work correctly (it seems to work when I do this).

If you can't get it working, you can give me your settings for both indicators and I should be able to create a condition formula for you as a workaround to use instead.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
mpetty
Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2018 5:03:45 PM

No the bottom ones do not indicat correctly even when i choose that in the pull down window. 

mpetty
Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2018 5:06:24 PM

No, I click on the indicator (Bollinger Band) not the chart.

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2018 5:20:52 PM

Worden Trainer

After the condition is edited, click on the drop down menus to edit the condition itself and change everything to be channel bottom.

And again, if that doesn't work (it really does work for me), we should be able to work around it with a formula as long as you give me all of the settings of both Bollinger Band indicators.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
mpetty
Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2018 12:38:49 AM

Ok, I understand now. I was just choosing it the first time not realizing it would revert back to the channel top. Also while it's in the column I could right click on it to get the drop down windows again to make the final choice.

Thank you.

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2018 9:26:39 AM

Worden Trainer

You're welcome.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles