Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

I wonder Why ?? Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
dhirenshah
Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 4:43:05 PM

Bruce i took trade long on TWLO" today and  right after market close i took picture of "TWLO" on 4 hour chart on TC2000 and same thing on 240mins in TRADING VIEW platform 

attached is the link 

https://www.dhirenshah.com/twlo-chart-tc2000/

https://www.dhirenshah.com/twlo-chart-trading-view/

My Question is  I overlayed Default Ichimoku on both charts and in TC2000 price shows below Cloud while on Trading View Price shows above cloud and I m using same default settings of 9-26-52

So whats going here in TC2000 ?? please explain

Let me know 

Dhiren

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 5:19:47 PM

Worden Trainer

I really can only guess since I am not using Trading View.

The time frames must likely don't line up. The first bar in TC2000 runs from 9:30 AM ET to 12:00 PM ET and the second bar in TC2000 runs from 12:00 PM ET to 4:00 PM ET.

This shouldn't make a difference in calculating the MAXH52s, MINL52s, MAXH26s, and MINL26s used in the calculations since it should cover the same number of trading days, but it could make a difference when calculating the MAXH9s and MINL9s which are also used in the calculations.

Even so, the clouds are dramatically different. I know how our indicator is calculated.

But I couldn't say for sure how Trading View calculates its cloud. I would be tempted to say the settings almost have to be different, but it looks like the forward cloud in both versions at least seems to extend about 26 bars past the last plotted price.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles