Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Please Help me write this scanner Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
QuickFingersLuc
Posted : Monday, November 5, 2018 7:36:50 AM

I want the scanner to search for a 10minute candle that is twice the length of the average 10min candle (looking back at the last 20 candles and finding an average range to compare to the current 10min candle)

I want the past 20 candles combined to have a minimum $ value of $100,000 or more.

I would like the the current 10 minute candle to be at the bottom or top of its range(for instance if a stock is having a quick move down in price I would like the scanner to find this move as its happening, but after it begins to bounce back up it would no longer show up on the scanner because it is not at the the bottom of the current candle) (the same would be true for a candle moving up 2 times its average 10min range, I would like the scanner to find the move as its making new highs and not after it pulls back) 

Thank You for your help,

Luc 

QuickFingersLuc
Posted : Monday, November 5, 2018 7:49:14 AM

I am new to TC2000 so right now I was hoping to be able to get this scan to work using the EasyScan.. Or would I need the StockFinder to be able to make these 10min candle comparisons?

Thanks, 

Luc

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, November 5, 2018 9:53:41 AM

Worden Trainer

Please try using the following condition formula set to a 10-minute time frame as an EasyScan Condition.

H > L AND (H = C OR C = L) AND H - L >= 2 * AVG(H1 - L1, 20) AND SUM(C1 * V1, 20) >= 100000

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles