Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Activate Symbol from Chart for Trading Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
osaga
Posted : Friday, August 24, 2018 8:53:09 AM

Hey guys

Is there a way to activate a symbol from the chart itself? When I say activate I mean for the Order Ticket Window. 

Right now to activate a symbol for the order ticket window I have to select it from a watchlist. It would be much more convinient if I could click a button on the chart itself that would activate that symbol in the order ticket window.

Any way to do this?

Thanks!

osaga
Posted : Friday, August 24, 2018 8:55:11 AM

Or is there a handle on the chart itself I can use to drag into the order ticket window to activate that symbol? I'd also like to be able to do this for watchlists where I can grab a piece of the chart window and drag it into a watchlist as opposed to using the "Add to Personal Watchlist" dropdown.

Thanks again!

Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, August 24, 2018 9:00:51 AM

Worden Trainer

I may be misunderstanding what you are asking, but there should be Buy and Sell buttons in the bottom left corner of the price pane on the chart. If not, there should be another icon which allows you to Toggle Chart Trading to make those buttons visible.

There are a bunch of illustrated step-by-step articlers on trading available.

Trading Stocks & Options

You might want to check out the ones with "Chart" or "From the Chart" in the name.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
osaga
Posted : Friday, August 24, 2018 11:33:31 AM

Hey Bruce

Here is an example image so I can explain more.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DU85Jemxj_JnPt-4vVS-kQIIuHDzu8C_/view

I have preset order buttons on the right. If I click on any of the symbols in the middle watchlist those buttons will then work on that selected symbol. So if I click on the symbol CRON the red/blue button names will change from "Buy/Sell ADSK" to "Buy/Sell CRON". 

Right now those order buttons will only change when I select a different stock in the watchlist. What I want to know is it possible to click something on the chart itself that will activate/change the buttons to the symbol that is on that chart? 

I hope this makes it clearer.

Thanks

StockGuy
Posted : Friday, August 24, 2018 12:06:01 PM

Administration

How are you selecting the symbol on the chart?  Any time I click or type in a symbol the trade tickets change as well.

Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, August 24, 2018 12:19:53 PM

Worden Trainer

The order ticket window should act like a chart with the symbol linking icon set to yellow (Listen For any Symbol Changes). So if you change the symbol on the chart, it should automatically change the symbol in the order ticket window.

There isn't a way if you have multiple charts open to click on a chart without changing the symbol and have it automatically change the symbol in the order ticket window.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
osaga
Posted : Friday, August 24, 2018 2:05:05 PM

Thanks as always Bruce for the quick help.

Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, August 24, 2018 2:10:50 PM

Worden Trainer

You're welcome.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles