Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Fun with Volume Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
Al_Gorithm
Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2018 2:53:38 PM

Hi Bruce,

I haven't done this in years ...

How do you add Volume to the bottom of the Price History pane? I don't use Volume, but that friend I mentioned in my last post does.

Trying to recreate her StockCharts.com chart in TC2000.

Thanks!

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2018 3:02:45 PM

Worden Trainer

If you mean below the price history pane, just add it to the chart and move the pane if necessary.

If you actually want it in the same pane as price, you would overlay the volume into the price pane after adding it to the chart (but in its own scale).

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
Al_Gorithm
Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2018 3:28:37 PM

Yeah, sorry ... meant the second option (overlaid in the same pane) ... they already have four other panes with indicators, and trade using a laptop ... not sure how they do it. Trying to save screen real estate.

Thanks!

Al_Gorithm
Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2018 3:37:38 PM

Okay, I scaled volume by itself, and tried toggling using the arrow in the bottom right corner.

I think I missed an important step. lol.

How do I shrink the volume bars?!?

I'll turn down the opacity later...

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2018 3:48:32 PM

Worden Trainer

- Click on volume and select Scaling... (there is link in my original response on the basics of editing scaling).
- Change the Scale Method to Custom.
-- Bounded By: By Top and Bottom.
-- Top: Max Value - Margin: The higher the margin the more "squashed".
-- Bottom: Manual - 0.00

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
Al_Gorithm
Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2018 4:00:40 PM

Clicked on those links, must've missed that part - blaming it on the coffee. :)

Looks much better, thanks! Done this before, but chalked it up to use-it-or-lose-it.

Now you can see why I was trying to conserve screen real estate. I'm using a 17" laptop, and it's hard for me to see everything, but this is their default chart. I can make adjustments after getting their feedback.

I really appreciate all the help!

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2018 4:10:34 PM

Worden Trainer

Understand that screen real estate can be at a premium. Have used a laptop with what I considerd rather sub-standard resolution in the past (OK, still use it occassionally). You can't have multiple 4K monitors in a Starbucks.

I think they are still being crowdfunded, but you may want to check out DUO and Slidenjoy slide out monitors. I am pretty sure there have been production laptops built with similar features as well.

I actually use a tablet to access my computer remotely when I am traveling most of the time instead of using the company provided laptop (it can actually run TC2000 if I can't access my main computer for some reason).

What would be much nicer if it wasn't so geeky looking would be some VR goggles so I could have multiple virtual monitors with me on the road. Maybe something like HoloLens eventually.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
Al_Gorithm
Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2018 4:35:53 PM

Cool. Thanks for the tip! Will Google and bookmark it. 

Was considering 15.6" USB laptop "travel monitors" They're thin enough to slide in my laptop backpack when I'm mobile, and easy enough to set up at home ...

https://eztradingcomputers.net/laptop-trading-computers/

But I think I like your idea better. Will check it out. Thanks!!

And I love the VR Goggles idea. The barista might laugh, but all she cares about are the tips anyway. lol. Geeks are taking over the world, one algorithm, one gizmo, and one technology at a time.

When I first started programming professionally, my boss got one of the first Macs, and brought it to work every day in a flaming pink backpack. At the time everyone had dumb mainframe terminals on their desks, and the entire team shared ONE PC in a cubicle. Most folks thought he was a litlle weird, but he was my hero - ahead of his time, and a brilliant mind.

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2018 8:32:29 AM

Worden Trainer

You're welcome.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles