Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

3x leveraged ETF list is too short Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
Corto
Posted : Monday, March 19, 2018 11:08:14 PM

I wanted to find a list of 3x leveraged ETFs and checked the Watchlists by typing 3x in the search box. Then 8 results came out. Are these all? There should be tens of them I would think.

Thank you,

Cporto

StockGuy
Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2018 7:12:21 AM

Administration

I'm showing 50+ ETFs with 3x in the name. You may need to contact technical support.

0002ct
Posted : Wednesday, March 21, 2018 1:51:03 PM

I think I know what's happening here.

Corto, hit ENTER after typing "3x" in the watchlist search box.

StockGuy
Posted : Wednesday, March 21, 2018 2:15:48 PM

Administration

Corto, 

Are you scrolling down the dialog. Only about 10 will be visible at first.

0002ct
Posted : Wednesday, March 21, 2018 2:20:10 PM

StockGuy, I think the confusion might be that after searching for "3x" in the watchlist searchbox, only 8 ETFs will display initially. When actually hitting enter after the search input, the full list is returned.

This might be questionable usabilty, since a user might assume the initial list is the same as the full returned list.

StockGuy
Posted : Wednesday, March 21, 2018 2:35:26 PM

Administration

That's not how it works. If you just press Enter, it loads the first symbol in the listing.

StockGuy
Posted : Wednesday, March 21, 2018 2:37:38 PM

Administration

Acutally, I think Corto is searching the Component Watchlists, not for the individual 3x ETFs themselves. We do not have component watchlists for every ETF in the system.

You can find the 3x ETFs themselves using the Change Symbol tool and typing 3x to filter.

0002ct
Posted : Wednesday, March 21, 2018 2:48:55 PM

No. Please carefully read what I trying to explain.

1. Click the "watchlists" button in main toolbar.
  2. In the dialog/search window that opens, type "3x" in the search field.
  3. [you will now see EIGHT 3x efts load in the window. This is the same number Corto is seeing/reporting.
  4. Now hit ENTER.
  5. You will see the complete list of matchign ETFs returned in the search results.

Again, it's the difference between the results that appear when intially providing a search term and then clicking enter that is creating the confusing.
StockGuy
Posted : Wednesday, March 21, 2018 3:02:17 PM

Administration

I get an ETF component watchlist when I press Enter, not a list of all 3x ETFs themselves.

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, March 21, 2018 3:13:12 PM

Worden Trainer

When I initially tested this, I did in fact get the behavior described by 0002ct, but it was pretty obvious to my why this was the case

It was only because a had a Personal WatchList with 3x in the name containing all of the 3x ETFs (so it brought up this Personal WatchList as the active WatchList and displayed all of the symbols for the 3x ETFs).

After deleting this Personal WatchList I get the behavior described by StockGuy. It just brings up a list of component symbols for one of the 3x ETFs.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
0002ct
Posted : Wednesday, March 21, 2018 3:23:04 PM

Thanks, Bruce and Stockguy.

Corto
Posted : Wednesday, March 21, 2018 10:49:50 PM

QUOTE (0002ct)

No. Please carefully read what I trying to explain.

1. Click the "watchlists" button in main toolbar.
  2. In the dialog/search window that opens, type "3x" in the search field.
  3. [you will now see EIGHT 3x efts load in the window. This is the same number Corto is seeing/reporting.
  4. Now hit ENTER.
  5. You will see the complete list of matchign ETFs returned in the search results.

Again, it's the difference between the results that appear when intially providing a search term and then clicking enter that is creating the confusing.

Well, I'm following the steps and everything matches the description, but at step 4, after I hit ENTER, the watchlist with those 8 ETFs closes and a new Window opens with one ETF only which happens to be a 3x one.

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2018 8:17:56 AM

Worden Trainer

Please don't follow those steps if you want to bring up a list of 3x ETFs (unless you perchance have a Personal WatchList with 3x in the name containing a list of all of the 3x ETFs).

As StockGuy pointed out, what you are doing is bringing up a list of component WatchLists for some (but not all) of the 3x ETFs we carry (and possibly any Personal WatchLists with 3x in the name). Then when you hit enter, it is bringing up a list of symbols for one of those 3x ETFs. It is not bringing up a list of 3x ETFs.

What you need to do is a search by the symbol or symbol name instead using 3x instead. The following webpage has illustrated step-by-step general instructions on how to this type of search.

How to Search By Symbol or Company Name

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
Corto
Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2018 9:30:30 AM

Bruce, that works, but what I am after is to get all the 3X ETFs in a watchlist so I can then browse through. 

Is that possible?

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2018 10:03:45 AM

Worden Trainer

You would need to create a Personal WatchList containing all of the 3x symbols in it to do this. You should be able to just make a new Personal WatchList (call it 3x ETFs or something similar probably). Then paste in the following list of symbols.

Warning: This isn't a maintained list of 3x symbols. It is just me manually copying all of the symbols containing 3x in the name into my own Personal WatchList and then pasting it into the forums. Not all 3x ETFs would necessarily have to have 3x as part of the name. We may not carry all 3x ETFs. New 3x ETFs might appear after this list was created. I could have missed one or more of the 3x ETFs which did appear since it was an entirely manual process. I could have even mistakenly copied a symbol for something besides a 3x ETF into the list (but I don't think I did).

BRZU
CURE
DBRT
DGAZ
DGLD
DPK
DRIP
DRN
DRV
DSLV
DUST
DZK
EDC
EDZ
ERX
ERY
EURL
FAS
FAZ
GASL
GUSH
INDL
JDST
JNUG
JPNL
KORU
LBJ
MIDU
MIDZ
NUGT
RETL
RUSL
RUSS
SOXL
SPXL
SPXS
TECL
TECS
TMF
TMV
TNA
TYD
TYO
TZA
UBRT
UGAZ
UGLD
USLV
YANG
YINN

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
Corto
Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2018 10:41:07 AM

Bruce, this is great, thanks a lot! Understood about potential inaccuracies, but that's plenty to swim through. Thank you!

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2018 10:47:21 AM

Worden Trainer

You're welcome.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles