Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Norton WIFI Privacy Topic Rating:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
HarleyBD
Posted : Monday, October 23, 2017 7:57:40 PM
Platinum Customer Platinum Customer

Today I had to back out and installation of  Norton™ WiFi Privacy.  Its a new product from Norton which they say will block malware when you are on WIFI. Long story short, it will not work with TC2000 or with my financial house because both check for my location being in the USA.  Norton™ WiFi Privacy blocks the physical address of the PC and therefore is not compatible with TC2K or financial software which needs this information.

Al_Gorithm
Posted : Monday, October 23, 2017 8:50:59 PM

Just my two cents... 

Why You Don't Need Norton's Wi-Fi Privacy App. This review is a year old (i.e., ancient history) but interesting nonetheless.

PCMag: Norton WiFi Privacy VPN. More current review for those interested in the product. I'd pass but what do I know.

Couldn't tell from Harley's post if this was just an fyi, or he was looking for alternatives. Can't say I have any adivce, other than avoiding cat videos. :)

HarleyBD
Posted : Tuesday, October 24, 2017 7:10:09 PM
Platinum Customer Platinum Customer

Thanks UnclePennybags for the advice.  I will not be looking for an alternative.  Since you are doing so well with the coffee house wifi, I'll just keep on keeping on with my home espresso machine and internet.