Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

FRAMA Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
topmarx
Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 4:39:56 PM

Hello, does anyone know if it is possible to code a version of the FRAMA (moving average) by John Ehlers - or request it be added to future releases ? Thanks 

Al_Gorithm
Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 5:09:22 PM

Hi top,

You can always request new features for new releases; Bruce is pretty good at passing along forum requests to the development team. Whether or not they get implemented is a whole other story of course. :)

FRAMA sounds pretty cool. I've heard of Ehlers, and read his articles in S&C magazine. But the math was always over my head. I always hoped he'd collaborate with someone who could write in English and not math. :) ... but that's just me.

I'm sure Bruce will take a crack at this when he gets back on Monday. He's a math wiz and PCF Ninja. As long as there isn't a variable lookback period involved (not supported by the PCF language) my money is on Bruce.

He's also pretty good at research, but since I'm already here I'm going to reference a PDF Ehlers authored that decsribes the indicator and its calculation. Should save Bruce a few minutes (if he's not already familiar with FRAMA) and see if FRAMA is doable with a PCF.

FRAMA - Fractal Adaptive Moving Average By John Ehlers

Hang tight and check back Monday. Bruce will let you know.

Good luck!

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, October 2, 2017 10:30:40 AM

Worden Trainer

I cannot think of a good way to implement the indicator in TC2000 using anything already available.

Thank you for your suggestion.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles