Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

need help understanding ADX indicator AND ADXR AND DI+ DI- Topic Rating:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
855MRZILLA
Posted : Tuesday, April 4, 2017 6:46:40 PM

ADX indicator average directional index movement plot chart DI+ DI- information 
 There are another indicator included in this formula I'm not that I'm looking at it's called the ADXR 
 And the video link that I posted down below I hook up this indicator but I got Fraulein which line don't I need or is it changed since his video with posted
http://forums.worden.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=153 please get back when you can I appreciate it thank you I am going to be studying a lot more so I'll be able to help out to Mother questions thank you  
Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, April 5, 2017 9:26:52 AM

Worden Trainer

The TC2000 v7 software used to create the video does not have the ADXR line while the newer TC2000 v17 does have the ADXR line. The ADX indicator in TC2000 v7 has ADX, +DI and -DI all as part of the same indicator. TC2000 v17 has an ADX indicator with ADX and ADXR and a Directional Movement indicator with +DI and -DI.

The ADXR line is the Average Directional Movement Index Rating. It is a type of moving average of the raw ADX value that adds together the current value and the value from a number of bars ago equal to the ADXR period and divides the result by 2.

The trainers can't give indicator, setting, interpretation or investment advice, but you can look for crosses between the ADX and ADXR lines. Wilder (who devolped the indicator) suggested not using a trend following system such as Directional Movement when ADXR is below 20 (not in a trend) and that a trend following system is only really useful when ADXR is above 25 (is in a trend).

The ADX and ADXR lines represent the trend strength. The +DI line represents upward movement strength and the -DI line represents downward movement strength.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
855MRZILLA
Posted : Thursday, April 6, 2017 1:26:41 AM

There's 4 total lines. I know that video has 3 so I'm wondering what I should do. Have to watch some other videos. Do you know of any other videos on tc 2000 up bout that? 

StockGuy
Posted : Thursday, April 6, 2017 9:29:47 AM

Administration

I would just Google ADX or Directional Movement. You'll find a lot of helpful information since those indicators are available on most platforms.