Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Platinum Scans Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
antares66
Posted : Monday, January 16, 2017 10:41:08 AM

Hello,

i have a queston regarding the platinum scans.
Does the message (checked condition) stay alive on the scan sreen if the conditions have been met, or does it vanish if knew messages (other stocks) appear on the screen?
For example, i like to scan for stocks which price crossed above ther 3 min vwap. In gold i have to reset the scan manually

Thanks

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2017 1:52:29 PM

Worden Trainer

The streaming tab of the EasyScans you get with Platinum are a separate thing from the Refresh Rate of the WatchList Column.

The streaming tab of EasyScans in Platinum will constantly update which symbols are being returned be the EasyScan as the data changes and the EasyScan Conditions are met or not met for the individial symbols in the List to Scan of the EasyScan.

Streaming Scans

The WatchList Columns are adjusted based on whatever Refresh Rate is set for that WatchList Column when you edit the WatchList Column. If the Refresh Rate is set to Realtime, then the WatchList Column will continuously update. Otherwise it will update at whatever frequency is set for that WatchList Column.

WatchList Columns

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
antares66
Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2017 5:01:04 PM

Not sure i understand you correctly. Let`s say at 9.35 the stock crosses its 20 ma on the 5 min chart.
Does i still see this stock at 10.00, or is the stock vanished from the scan window?
It would be nice to see the newest matches above and the older ones below.

Hope i could explain what i mean because i am not an english native speaker.

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2017 9:40:41 AM

Worden Trainer

The stock will not be in your streaming EasyScan at 10 AM if it crossed at 9:35 AM on a 5-minute chart and you are checking for Crossing Up. It would still be in your streaming EasyScan if you checked for Above and it has remained above the entire time.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
antares66
Posted : Thursday, February 8, 2018 12:34:24 PM
"It would still be in your streaming EasyScan if you checked for Above and it has remained above the entire time."Could you explain this to me. I don`t know where to find the older matches
Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, February 8, 2018 12:43:32 PM

Worden Trainer

I'm not sure what about the statement you want explained.

If you check for something crossing up through something, it has to be below that something during the previous bar and above that something during the current bar. So this only returns true on the bar of the actual cross.

If you check for something being above something else, it doesn't care where it was relative to that something during the previous bar. It only checks for being above that something during the current bar. So this will continue to return true as long as it stays above and will only stop being true when it crosses back down.

There really isn't a good way to identify old matches to an EasyScan. We don't even have historical data available for some EasyScan Conditions.

About the closest thing you could do is edit all of the EasyScan Conditions and change the True setting for each condition from Now (assuming that is where it is set) to within last x bars with x being the number of bars back you want to allow.

That would check anything returning true with the most recent x bars. If you want to check for exactly x bars ago instead, you could choose x bars ago for the True setting with Bars Ago set to the number of bars of interest.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles