Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Notes column? Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
0002ct
Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 11:01:01 AM

Is there a way to create and add a column for custom notes?

For example, my trades come as a result of a running a variety of strategies. I would like to simply note or shorthand the source of the position (or some other note) in a column.

Is there a way to do this?

StockGuy
Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 11:13:47 AM

Administration

No, there isn't currently a way to write notes in a column, but we will pass your suggestion on to our development team.

0002ct
Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 11:18:13 AM

Thank you.

morink27
Posted : Monday, July 4, 2016 9:53:33 PM

TC2000 has an elaborate Notes system, with lots of "bells and whistles". What I would like, however, is a SIMPLE NOTE feature, like MorningStar offers in its Portfolios. I.e. a text field that the user could add to each stock in a Watchlist. This text field could be added along with the other TRACKING values.

Why do I want this? To keep track of various investment accounts, classes of investments, and ideas. If I could add a SIMPLE NOTE to each Stock in a Watchlist, I could do all these things!

With the current system, when I display My Notes as a watchlist column it displays the date of my most recent note, but having the actual text of a simple note would be wonderful.

My workaround at present is to format the "Tracking # Shares" as a 3-digit number AAN, where AA indicates which account the stock is in and N indicates Buy /Watch /Sell /Sold etc. Unfortunately this prevents me from using "Tracking Gain /Loss" in a meaningful way.

This should be an easy feature to add, eg as a "Tracking Comment" field separate from the existing My Notes feature. Users could enter and edit this field along with the other tracking values. Simple!

Please consider adding a feature like this - you would make a lot of users happy!

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, July 6, 2016 11:04:58 AM

Worden Trainer

Thank you for your suggestion.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles