Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Top performing stocks in a sector within a certain timeframe Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
georgiadawgs97
Posted : Tuesday, June 7, 2016 10:30:08 PM

I know about using custom date sort......but unsure how it applies to an entire sector or industry. Also, when the column shows "Change from " and the date, it shows numbers like 37.10......which I assumed was a 37.1% change within the date time frame I had entered. However, when I click and drag from that date, the data box shows the change was actually 61%. So Im confused about the custom date sort accuracy in its numbers. If anyone has any advice, I'd appreciate it

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, June 8, 2016 9:21:50 AM

Worden Trainer

The Custom Date Sort should work on any WatchList. So bringing up the component WatchList of a sector will allow you to use the sort for the stocks in that sector.

If the % Change doesn't seem correct, it would probably be that the Custom Date Sort is set to vs. Sector or vs Industry instead of % Change. This would be returning how the symbol under or outperformed its sector or industry instead of the actual % change of the stock.

My guess would be it is a misunderstanding about the % being returned by pointer mode. This value is the percent change between the start and end of the line produced when dragging the pointer. It is not the % change of the underlying stock.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles