Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

ADX Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
ptaglia1
Posted : Wednesday, December 8, 2004 1:18:43 PM
Is it possible to customize the ADX for a chart, so I can specify and get say the 5 day DI+- reading ?

Craig_S
Posted : Wednesday, December 8, 2004 2:08:19 PM

Worden Trainer

When you say, "specify and get say the 5 day DI+- reading" do you mean having the period of the indicator set to 5, the chart a 5-day chart or pulling out the value of the DI+ in one of these instances?

I am not sure what you are asking for. If you can clarify it for me I will be happy to get you an answer!

- Craig
Here to Help!
Tanstaafl
Posted : Saturday, December 11, 2004 1:46:04 AM
There is another thread, "PCF for Wilder's Directional Movement DMI-crossovers" located here:
http://www.worden.com/training/default.aspx?g=posts&t=671

and one that follows it, "PCF for Wilder's DX, and/or a CI for Wilder's ADX" located here:
http://www.worden.com/training/default.aspx?g=posts&t=708

which VERY fully cover the core theory and formulae required to answer this question.

You can either plot the DI formula on the top pane and see its value via the pointer-databox, or save it as a PCF and look at the values in a WL tab column.

The first article deals with DI-crossovers.

The articles are focused on the "standard" 14-day DI period-input. A 5-day version would be much shorter.