Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

new condition formula VWAP bunce Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
limitlessluca
Posted : Wednesday, December 30, 2015 3:46:44 PM

hi,

I m trying to built the following condition but I keep getting errors.

What I m trying to do is:  candel close above vwap and then the next one open above vwap and make a new high relative to the previous candel.

Please let me know if you can help.Thanks

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, December 30, 2015 5:26:05 PM

Worden Trainer

While it is possible to create Condition Formulas based on the Moving VWAP indicator, there is no way to create a Condition Formula based on the plain VWAP indicator.

It would be theoretically possible to create an EasyScan to check for this, but it is kind of complicated.

The only part of the condition which can be created using a formula is to check for the high of the current bar being above the high of the previous bar.

H > H1

How to create and save a Condition (PCF) Formula

You would need to add a 1 period moving average to price with the Offset set to 1.

You would need to add a 1 period moving average to VWAP with the Offset set to 1.

You would need to add a 1 period moving average to price with the Average of setting set to Open.

How to add an indicator to a chart template
How to edit an Indicator

You can then click on the offset moving average of price and select Create Scan Condition to create a condition for the offset moving average of price being above the offset moving average of VWAP. Selecting Scan in New Window will create a new EasyScan based on this condition.

You can click the moving average of the open and select Create Scan Condition to create a condition for the moving average of the open being above the VWAP. Selecting Add to an Existing WatchList or Scan and then selecting Add to Conditions in the EasyScan you created earlier will allow you to add this condition to your EasyScan.

The can choose Add Condition in the Edit tab of the EasyScan and choose the Condition Formula you created earlier to add the condition for the high of the current bar being above the high of the previous bar.

Create Conditions from Your Chart (5:25)
Building a Scan with Multiple Conditions (7:29)

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles