Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Opening Layouts Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
danielbender
Posted : Monday, October 26, 2015 4:22:26 PM

Hello

I have a layout that includes a watchlist with an extensive list of indicator columns. If I close the layout with the watchlist showing the Dow 30 compnents, I have no problems reopening the layout. However, when I close the layout with th watchlis showing an extensive component list, such as optionable stocks, restarting or reopening the layout is problematic, ie. it hangs up and crashes, or takes 10 minutes to restart. 

As long as I remember to close the layout with a short component list such as the Dow 30, I have no issues restarting stockfinder.  Is there any way I can have the watchlist in question always default to the Dow 30 component list, withot having to change it manually every tme I shut stockfinder down? For some reason, stockfinder seems to restart a layout with the last watchlist displayed. 

Thank you .... Dan

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2015 11:39:47 AM

Worden Trainer

About the only thing I can think of is to save the layout with the WatchList saved as desired. You could then click on that layout icon instead of the StockFinder to open up StockFinder to the desired layout. You might want to move the layout icon to your desktop if you decide to try this.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
danielbender
Posted : Thursday, October 29, 2015 6:03:28 PM

Bruce - thanks - Dan

Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, October 30, 2015 9:40:37 AM

Worden Trainer

You're welcome.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas