Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Paper Trading Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
bcochrane
Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2015 8:17:06 AM

First, thanks for the availablity of earnings dates, much appreciated. I know other users have requested the Hull averages, and the manually entered column, but I'll have to think some more to determine how they can be useful to me.

I see potential in the Paper Trading capability, both for testing (paper trading) and tracking current portfolios, but I have some questions which I don't think are resolved in the Help file.

1. Can I have more than one Portfolio? In the app, I was asked for a portfolio name when I set it up, but I haven't seen where I might be asked to specify that name to select between different portfolios. As I trade a couple of different strategies, it would be useful to have a portfolio for each.

2. Can I enter earlier trades, perhaps to reflect existing holdings?

3. Balances: Will the portfolio balance be adjusted to reflect gains and losses?

4. Were I to use paper trading to reflect or track my actual trading, can I adjust the Price after the fact to reflect what I paid at my broker? Can I alter a trade historically?

5. Does Cancel delete an historical trade, or stop execution before the paper trade is executed?

6. Can I annotate the trade record in any way, perhpas to track the trading strategy used, or to assist with post trade analysis?

And lastly (for the moment) you seem to have snuck (been so long since I used that word I'm not sure spelling is correct :-) a Flagged and Favorite symbol onto the Chart. I would assume Flagging a chart is the same as Flagging a symbol in a Watchlist - am I correct? Is Favorite a similar capability (ie a new column for watchlists) or does it add symbol to My Favorites watchlist?

Thank you

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, September 14, 2015 10:56:07 AM

Worden Trainer

There is no way to enter old trades, edit trades or annotate trades. It is a trading simulator, not a portfolio tracker (unless it is being used for real trading).

The active portfolio should be listed at the top center of TC2000. Clicking there will allow you to change the active portfolio.

Your balances should automatically be adjusted to reflect gains and losses.

Cancelling a trade prevents that trade from executing, it will not erase a trade which has already happened.

Selecting favorites on the chart will allow you to add and remove the symbol from the My Favorites WatchList. Selecting flag on the chart will allow you to flag and unflag a symbol (in exactly the same way as if it were done within the context of a WatchList).

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
bcochrane
Posted : Monday, September 14, 2015 4:57:45 PM

Thanks Bruce, appreciate your clarifications

shawnsplint
Posted : Thursday, April 21, 2016 8:23:33 AM

Is there a way to symbol link multiple order bars so that each chart has its own order bar? Thanks. 

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, April 21, 2016 11:02:35 AM

Worden Trainer

You can have different order bars on different charts.

You cannot symbol link the order bars so that you have different order bars for different symbols.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
MisterWhite
Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 10:28:29 PM

QUOTE (Bruce_L)

You cannot symbol link the order bars so that you have different order bars for different symbols.

That would be useful since there's no hotkeys for orders. Every window can be linked, why not order bars?

Thanks

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, May 25, 2017 8:45:41 AM

Worden Trainer

Thank you for your suggestion.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
MisterWhite
Posted : Thursday, May 25, 2017 11:56:18 AM

I'm sorry if the information i'm asking for is available somewhere else but I could not find it. When paper trading withtout a real-time data plan, are the orders also 15-min delayed or are they in real-time? 

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, May 25, 2017 12:16:55 PM

Worden Trainer

The trades and the chart will be synced. So if you are using RT data, the trades will also be in RT. If you are using delayed data, the trades will be delayed by the same amount (so happen when the chart would seem to indicate the trades should happen and not in actual RT).

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
Slovkas
Posted : Monday, October 9, 2017 9:02:47 AM

is this still true for V17? no way to enter old trades, edit trades or annotate trades? 

QUOTE (Bruce_L)

There is no way to enter old trades, edit trades or annotate trades. It is a trading simulator, not a portfolio tracker (unless it is being used for real trading).

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, October 9, 2017 9:14:01 AM

Worden Trainer

Yes, this is still true.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles