Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Question on multiple layouts Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
nartcr
Posted : Monday, July 13, 2015 10:36:34 PM

Hello,

I am relatively new user of TC2000 v12. I am in need of assistance for some help, setting up charts. I have 3 tabs here - daily, weekly and monthly, where i would like to draw trendlines for each of these time frames. 

Whenever i draw a trendline on say 'Daily' chart as shown below, i see the same trendline on hourly and weekly. I dont want to see this trendline, or notes i make on one, to be seen on weekly and hourly charts.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Nara

busterram
Posted : Monday, July 13, 2015 11:27:25 PM

In your screenshot on the right most corner you see Boards #1 to #8. Pick one board for each timeframe. Weekly, Daily & Hourly as #1, #2 & #3 in each of the tabs. The trendlines you draw on Weekly will be on Board #1 and will not appear in Daily as daily trendlines are in Board #2.

Hope that helps.

nartcr
Posted : Monday, July 13, 2015 11:43:55 PM

QUOTE (busterram)

In your screenshot on the right most corner you see Boards #1 to #8. Pick one board for each timeframe. Weekly, Daily & Hourly as #1, #2 & #3 in each of the tabs. The trendlines you draw on Weekly will be on Board #1 and will not appear in Daily as daily trendlines are in Board #2.

Hope that helps.

That wouldnt solve my purpose. The reason i have daily, weekly and hourly in seperate tabs are because i have different indicators to analyse different charts. I dont do, for ex; Elliot wave for weekly chart. 

Additionally, i annotate the chart and share in different forums. With the board option, whatever i annotate under daily chart,gets copied over to another boards ( when i set them to hourly ).

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2015 9:27:42 AM

Worden Trainer

The suggestion made by busterram is currently your only option.

What you have to do is remember to change the board whenever you change the time frame. As long as you always change both the board and the time frame at the same time, the annations you have made on one time frame will not appear on the other time frame (because they are on a board which is no longer visible).

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
nartcr
Posted : Wednesday, July 15, 2015 9:02:59 AM

QUOTE (Bruce_L)

The suggestion made by busterram is currently your only option.

What you have to do is remember to change the board whenever you change the time frame. As long as you always change both the board and the time frame at the same time, the annations you have made on one time frame will not appear on the other time frame (because they are on a board which is no longer visible).

Thats interesting Bruce. Thanks. In future, would you like to seperate some of these tasks, and include them in release, so that we dont have to select tools everytime we analyse for daily or monthly or hourly charts. For ex: I use Aroon with time frame set to 9 for daily chart, and for long term trends i change to 14 or so, for analysing longer trend lines.Because i analyse lot of tickers, it would be time consuming to individually change some of these indicators on different time frames. 

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, July 15, 2015 10:12:59 AM

Worden Trainer

Thank you for your suggestion.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles