Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Online Brokers Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
CorieBilotta
Posted : Monday, April 20, 2015 12:49:27 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

Hi, I'm looking for a broker with low fees and certain order types.  Specifically, stop limit and stop market orders that can be entered at the same time with OSO or OTO.  It would also be nice if they offer a free simulated trading account.  And I would like my order routed to an exchange rather than be filled out of the broker's inventory. 

Anyone have a broker like this that you are happy with?

fpetry
Posted : Monday, April 20, 2015 7:09:27 PM

I've been with MBTrading for about ten years now and still like them a lot.  Equity trades are 4.95.   They are a smaller firm but with outstanding reputatin for speed, customer service, etc.  I use their TTO orders at times, that's their term for entering a stop limit order for example, say a buy for 100 shares at a stop with limit price, and if trade is executed a stop market is also automatically entered that sets two sell prices...a stop loss  price and a profit target price that you set and select at same time of the stop limit order.