Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Can a daily time frame indicator be used in a RC intraday indicator? Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
SDRODIMER
Posted : Monday, April 13, 2015 12:56:33 AM
Platinum Customer Platinum Customer

Hi,

I am writing a RC indicator that uses intraday time frames.  I want to include the output from a daily time frame indicator for use in the intraday time frame indicator.   The daily time frame indicator is attached to a different chart than the intraday time frame indicator.  The intraday chart and its indicator and the daily time frame chart and its indicator are both part of the same layout.

If I am able to get the daily indicator into the intraday indicator RC, will a value be obtainable from the daily indicator during trading hours or will I get a NAN?

Thx,

Steve

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, April 13, 2015 4:09:57 PM

Worden Trainer

It isn't going to use the daily values when importing an indicator into an intraday indicator.

You would probably need to manually construct the daily values you want to use from the intraday data.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
SDRODIMER
Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2015 12:58:16 PM
Platinum Customer Platinum Customer

OK -- That's what I thought would happen.

I was trying to create a trailing stop loss indicator for intraday trading using a volatiliy indicator such as daily ATR so that stocks with higher volatility would have more range of movement before tripping out than stocks with low volatility.

Thx,

Steve

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2015 1:15:00 PM

Worden Trainer

You're welcome.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles