Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Specific PCF's for Stock Scan Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
TraderWannabe
Posted : Sunday, September 21, 2014 4:34:49 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

Hi!  It's been a while since I used PCF's to create a scan and I need some help.  I'm looking to do the following:

1.  Find a Stock that's Doubled in Price in a year but not more than 110%.

2.  It needs to be at a 52 week High now.

3.  In needs to be at an all time high for the life of the stock's existence.

4.  The Relative Strength and Earnings per Share must each be above 80%.

I'm sorry if this is too simple, but I haven't used PCF's in a while and I just don't remember all the shorthand.  If you have a place where I can find the PCF list of terms, I'd be glad to try this on my own.

Thanks,

TraderWannaBe

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, September 22, 2014 11:45:55 AM

Worden Trainer

You can use something similar to the following daily Condition Formula for the first two requirements if you want the high of the most recent 5 trading days to be the high of the year.

2 * C252 <= C AND C <= 2.1 * C252 AND MAXH5 = MAXH252

Or a more restrictive version which requires the high of the day to be the high of the year.

2 * C252 <= C AND C <= 2.1 * C252 AND H = MAXH252

Or an even more restrictive version which requires the current price to be the high of the year.

2 * C252 <= C AND C <= 2.1 * C252 AND C = MAXH252

The time frame used for the above Condition Formulas needs to be daily.

You will need to use something besides formulas for your other conditions and then all of the conditions to the same EasyScan.

Building a Scan with Multiple Conditions (7:29)

Now change the Time Frame of the chart to yearly and click on Price History (the symbol and possibly company name in green at the top of the chart) to select Create Scan Condition. Create a Condition for New High with the Period set to 500.

Create Conditions from Your Chart (5:25)

On its own this would not be a condition for an all time new high but should work when combined with the desired daily Condition Formula given above in the same EasyScan.

The plain Relative Strength indicator cannot be used in an EasyScan. But you can use the plain RSI indicator and the RSI - Wilder's indicators by adding them to the chart and selecting Create Scan Condition.

You can also add any of the EPS fundamental indicators to the chart and then click on them to select Create Scan Condition.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles