Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Two stocks prices on one plot Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
jschott
Posted : Monday, June 16, 2014 10:07:07 PM

I would like to plot two stocks at once on the same price chart.  Is there a way to do this?

(*I really want to plot only recent daily data but the price scale should be independent as the prices are quite different.)

jschott
Posted : Monday, June 16, 2014 10:09:09 PM

P.S. to my just made posting - I also have TC2007 and could use it too.

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, June 17, 2014 11:13:27 AM

Worden Trainer

You can do this in both StockFinder and TC2000 version 12.4, but not in TC2000 version 7 (although you could use the Comparison Symbol feature there to do something similar).

In StockFinder, select Add Indicator/Condition to Chart (green +) and choose the Price for Symbol indicator from the list. Then drag and drop the Price for Symbol indicator into the main Price History pane and choose Overlay. This should put it in the same pane, but not in the same scale.

Do not drag and drop it onto Price History itself and choose Overlay with Price History because that would put it in the same scale as well.

In TC2000 version 12.4, you can click on Price History (the symbol and possibly company name in green in the same pane where price is plotted) and choose Add Plot Here. Then choose the desired symbol from the Industries, Indexes, T2s, ETFs, 4x or Symbols tabs.

An easier might be to start typing the symbol in the Search box after selecting Add Plot Here. This should quickly bring the symbol to the top of the list to make it easier to find and select.

No matter which method you choose, select Scale by itself in the Scaling Options window when prompted.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
stargeezer
Posted : Saturday, December 10, 2016 12:18:26 AM

After following your instructions in this thread I've adjusted both plots to Fixed Percentage and the spacing and number of horizotal lines to be the same for each plot.

Is there any way to identify what that percentage is for the secondary plot?  

Can they be scaled so the parameters (percentage and number of lines) are the same while the absolute numbers of the scaling are not linked?

stargeezer
Posted : Saturday, December 10, 2016 12:28:24 AM

This was ment for TC2000 12/16.  Sorry.

QUOTE (stargeezer)

After following your instructions in this thread I've adjusted both plots to Fixed Percentage and the spacing and number of horizotal lines to be the same for each plot.

Is there any way to identify what that percentage is for the secondary plot?  

Can they be scaled so the parameters (percentage and number of lines) are the same while the absolute numbers of the scaling are not linked?