Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

How to plot % away from FW MA on weekly chart ? Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
IsItPossible
Posted : Thursday, January 2, 2014 10:18:40 AM

I am trying to plot this as an indicator but not sure what to use for FW MA.

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

regards,

IsItPossible
Posted : Thursday, January 2, 2014 10:41:52 AM

e.g. How will I create this 100 * (C / Front weighted AVGC10 - 1) ?

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, January 6, 2014 12:39:29 PM

Worden Trainer

Please try the following Indicator Formula:

100 * (C / ((10 * C + 9 * C1 + 8 * C2 + 7 * C3 + 6 * C4 + 5 * C5 + 4 * C6 + 3 * C7 + 2 * C8 + C9) / 55) - 1)

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
IsItPossible
Posted : Monday, January 6, 2014 7:03:26 PM

Thanks.

soseriuz
Posted : Tuesday, January 7, 2014 12:14:28 PM

Bruce, how far of a % away from the FW MA would this formula put you?  Can you help put words behind this formula for me please?  I am looking for the same so I can find declining candles that are moving away from the 20MA with a long taiiled doji at the bottom.

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, January 7, 2014 1:01:18 PM

Worden Trainer

The formula is not boolean (true or false), it returns a numeric value. The formula returns how much price is above or below its own 10-period front weighted moving average given as a percentage of that same 10-period front weighted moving average.

A Condition Formula for price having a negative net change and increasing distance between the price and its moving average over each of the three most recent bars with the last bar being a true doji with more than 70% of the body below the tail can be written as:

O = C AND C - L > .7 * (H - L) AND C < C1 AND C1 < C2 AND C2 < C3 AND AVGC20 - C > AVGC20.1 - C1 AND AVGC20.1 - C1 > AVGC20.2 - C2 AND AVGC20.2 - C2 > AVGC20.3 - C3 AND C3 < AVGC20.3

This is just an example of one possible interpretation of your description. If it is not what you want, further clarification as to your particular intent would allow us to create a Condition Formula which is better suited to your needs.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
soseriuz
Posted : Tuesday, January 7, 2014 1:04:17 PM

ok - thx.  I'm going to try this one and see what results it pulls

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, January 7, 2014 1:12:16 PM

Worden Trainer

I haven't tested it. My guess is that it is quite restrictive and will not return very many results, but I have been wrong before.

The important thing about the formula is that it is a literal interpretation of the English language description I gave earlier. The open of the current candle is exactly equal to the close. The bottom tail of the current candle constitutes more than 70% of the entire candle. Each of the three most recent candles (including the current candle) had a negative net change. Price is below the 20-period simple moving average for all of the three most recent candles. The distance between price and the moving average is getting greater for all three of the most recent candles.

That is the type of details that are required to create a Condition Formula. I'm not really expecting the formula to do what you want (although it would be great if it did). I'm hoping that you will be able to think about what you want to change and then provide similar details about what you actually want so we can work on creating a formula that will work for you.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles