Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Heiken Ashi Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
Scats
Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2013 10:19:35 AM

Hello,

I would like to create a PCF for heiken ashi color, based on open/close. Also, I would like to use the last closed candle, not the current candle. 

TC2000 allows you to view heiken ashi candles, based on open/close, under a charts price history. The pcf formula needs to match the heiken ashi candles displayed on the platform.

Thanks

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2013 10:37:01 AM

Worden Trainer

The formula that I think you want is highlighted in blue below. I've also included a more detailed explanation to allow you to test for yourself that the formulas are in fact correct. Note that if the "last closed candle" actually is the current candle as would be the case for the last candle of the day after the market has closed, the formula will return true for the previous candle on the the current candle even though the current candle is closed.

If Color Based On is set to Open vs Close, then the following must be true for that candle to be an Up Bar (normally green):

O + H + L + C >= XAVGO3.1 + XAVGH3.1 + XAVGL3.1 + XAVGC3.1

If Color Based On is set to Net Change, then the following must be true for that candle to be an Up Bar (normally green):

O + H + L + C >= O1 + H1 + L1 + C1

You can test this for yourself rather easily by using the formula of interest as the Boolean Formula in a Custom PCF % True Indicator.

Adding and Moving Indicators

So, if you want to use the previous candle instead of the current candle, you need to add 1 to all of the bars ago parameters in the above formulas.

If Color Based On is set to Open vs Close, then the following must be true for the previous candle to be an Up Bar (normally green):

O1 + H1 + L1 + C1 >= XAVGO3.2 + XAVGH3.2 + XAVGL3.2 + XAVGC3.2

If Color Based On is set to Net Change, then the following must be true for the previous candle to be an Up Bar (normally green):

O1 + H1 + L1 + C1 >= O2 + H2 + L2 + C2

Last closed candle indicators

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles