Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Calculating Advancing-Declining issues for industries/subindustries. Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
nxasokan
Posted : Monday, June 10, 2013 3:10:20 PM

I am a current TC2000 V12.3 platinum user. Is there a way I could create a column in a watchlist of stocks and the column should show % of advancing issues for that industry/subindustry and update it continuously? Positive numbers should be in green and negative numbers should be in red.

The purpose is to see if a particular stock belongs to an industry or subindustry where most of the members are advancing or declining and I should be able to rank the stocks vis a vis the industries/subindustries based on that number.

Right now I am doing it manually for each stock and it would be nice if this process could be automated! Thanks.

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, June 10, 2013 3:15:47 PM

Worden Trainer

No, there isn't a way to do so in TC2000 (it is possible in StockFinder). The closest thing to an automated method of getting the counts would be to create an EasyScan, and you would need a different EasyScan for each industry and sub-industry with no way to display the results as WatchList Columns.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
BobMc
Posted : Monday, June 10, 2013 5:38:05 PM

This sounds like an interesting and valuable analysis. Could you provide the realcode to do it?

Thank You

Regards

Bob Mc

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2013 8:33:26 AM

Worden Trainer

You don't need RealCode to do this in StockFinder. Right-click on Price History and select Create Condition. Choose Net Change and set it to > (Greater Than) with Value set to 0.00.

Creating Conditions

Then click on the Condition and select Create Market Indicator. Choose Morningstar Main Group or Morningstar Sub Group (depending on which you want) and select Next. Set it to Percent Passing and select Next. Adjust the rest of the settings as desired and select Finish (a shorter history will create more nimble WatchList Columns).

Market Indicators from Conditions

Drag and Drop the resulting Market Indicator to the WatchList and select Data Column.

Sortable Column from Indicators

Now right-click on the WatchList Column Header for the Data Column and select Properties to check Apply Positive and Negative Coloring. Right-click on the WatchList Column Header again to adjust the Update Frequency and Sort Frequency as desired.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
BobMc
Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2013 11:44:12 AM

Thanks Bruce,

It's been awhile since I tried a market indicator - didn't even think of that

Regards

Bob Mc

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2013 11:46:44 AM

Worden Trainer